Notices

Day 25 check in

Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 25 check in

Still free of beer and marlboros. I was wondering if I will feel tired for much longer? Could I be tired because my body is healing? Does anyone have any information about how they felt close to a month sober? I have been exercising and reading, but I feel I should be doing more for to change my life. I wish everyone an awesome Sunday. Does sobriety get easier or harder? Being alone all the time is making it hard for me, but I am going to see a doc Monday about anxiety and depression.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there. Well I know I feel tired..and I'm not half as active as you. I seem to require more sleep ..and when I do sleep..it's heavier..like a coma..lol. I am certain my body is in a "WTF mode" since I've been ingesting straight up nicotine and alcohol poison for years and years. Think about it...alcohol burns..what's it been doing to your insides? We've been inhaling decayed and dried vegetation into our lungs? There's a whole lotta damage been done...yet, our miraculous bodies start the process of healing just as soon as we stop trying to destroy it. Go figure hey?

If you had been taking in radiation regularly for many years..day after day..I doubt your body would have "recovered" (defined as returning to its normal, healthy state) in 25 days. I'd say we both got a whole lot more healing to go where we will only feel better in better as that healing progresses.

Glad to hear about the doc!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Been glad to read you're hanging in there Acheleus. Change takes time. We want to see immediate results, but it unfortunately doesn't work that way. Compare it to a diet: if someone is morbidly obese the weight won't come off in a month, losing a pound or two a week is healthy for long term success. Fortunately for us, sobriety becomes better as we go along - in the weight loss analogy the last 10 pounds to lose can be the hardest.

Also flag to hear that you're going to the doctor. Be honest about your drinking. Alcohol robs the body of nutrients, your fatigue, anxiety, etc. could reflect that.

Does sobriety become easier or harder? Both. Overall it has been a net positive for me, by a landslide. I've become healthier in every sense of the word. It is predicated on acceptance that I can never drink again and the will to do anything to maintain sobriety. I don't know how to talk with people? Ok, I put myself in situations where I pay attention and learn. At 140 days sober dating is the furthest thing from my mind; gotta have a better relationship with myself and the world before having a relationship with anyone else. Probably not what you want to hear, but there it is. But I do know that it will be a better relationship for it.

Best of luck with everything, we're pulling for you.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Acheleus, Day 25 check in? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus,

Good on you for 25 days!
It took me a long, long time to recover once I stopped drinking. Like months. I remember I had a terrific headache for almost four months after I stopped.
Anyway, give it a chance. I hope you feel better soon!