Notices

day 2 update

Old 06-23-2013, 05:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

day 2 update

Well i am still ....... I wonder , craving = panic attack. Are they not the same thing. I woke up stricken , breathed , it passed. Then cravings , breathed , it passed . I wonder ... Still need to hear from you , SR.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Congratulations on day 2!!

You can get through all of this! Drink more water, drink some gatorade, eat small amounts even if you aren't hungry and Keep Healing!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 days. A great start. The detox will not be easy, those toxins want to be dulled back into submission, you can get past this.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey riky...

two days is awesome!! keep breathing... you can do this! one day, one hour, one minute at a time...
Old 06-23-2013, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2! Hang in there. As another poster said, drink lots of water and grab some candy or something with a little sugar in it.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish you the best.

Bob R
Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you on day two. For me cravings are different from panic attacks, but they have one thing in common - they both are awful. Fortunately both have become less frequent the longer I've stayed sober. You can absolutely do that. I had to want sobriety more than everything else in the world, still do. Then I had to take steps to protect my sobriety, hour by hour, minute by minute. Hang in there trikyriky, we're pulling for you
Old 06-23-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

I Have to do something different , I want to feel better. Doing it myself isn't working
Old 06-23-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey trikyriky,

I may have mentioned this to you before, but have you tried any of the other resources that may be available to you besides SR? I thought I could stop on my own too but after several failed attempts I realized that I needed some additional help. I started to see an addiction counselor. I still had some slips. Then I VERY RELUCTANTLY went to AA. More progress but still a slip or two. I just completed an intensive outpatient program with random drug testing. I think I needed that potential of being testing to help me build some momentum. As I write this I am 50 days sober. I never thought I would get here, but I never gave up! You shouldn't either.

Now that my IOP is done I am relying on the support here along with several AA meetings a week to help me continue my sobriety. I still see my addiction counselor once a month. Best wishes to you, you CAN do this! Hugs, PG
Old 06-23-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Glad it passed. Seems to be in the normal range to me. If it gets worse call a doc and don't play around with it. Hope you Have a great Picnic. Getting up and about helped me a lot early on. Waking up I felt like a freight train had run over me while I slept a lot of morning early on. Day 2! keep 'em coming.