Notices

here we go again ;-(

Old 06-22-2013, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

here we go again ;-(

Okay, I would not referring me but a friend that got drunk again after a month. I don't remember how long the last time I drank but this is not me. Thanks goodness.

A friend of my is going through a divorce which the husband is being a big assh*le. As in he is throwing everything and the kitchen sink at her. Cheating, abusive, being drunk around the kids, saying she work when she was married with him. Anyway, drunk around the kids she did that a few times. Beside that, the husband did everything he aquese her of doing. Yes the husband was order to go anger management consulting 6 years back.

I was talking to her that she needs to stop getting drunk and craving in to the numbness of drinking to forget what's going on. I tell her that the courts and will not take the kids away even if they found out that she has a drinking problem. Courts always side with the mother unless the mother will put the kids in danger. Is there anything I can say to help her out? She slip after a month sober and beside that she can only last 3 to 4 days top with out alcohol.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

As a sober person i think all we can do is make sure they know the door is open if they want help, if they drink when they don't want to . Although i'd caveat that with not supporting drunken behaviour or anything that threatens my own sobriety . I have clear limits and boundaries .

I don't think there are any magic words we can utter to change things , the change has to come from the person themselves .

It's a hard situation for you and her ,

Bestwishes to you both , M
Old 06-23-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober Today

I agree with mecanix.

If she's open to it, you can direct her to this forum and even to AA. People are there (and here) to help her help herself but she has to do it. You cannot do it for her, unfortunately.