Notices

Starting over again

Old 06-22-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Originally Posted by kode View Post
Thanks ElegantlyWasted;

What happen to me? That is a good question. I was sober and life was good. I met someone
And all of the sudden destruction. She was a nice girl but to many issues. Financial problems, kids problems, and ex problems. Too much stress I should have known better and walk away from it all while there was still time and protect my sobriety. But I pick up instead.

My plans are to get back to meetings at AA and keep this site on my phone to take with me everywhere.
Meant that what happened to you happened to me (sorry should have clarified a little better).. I was doing great for a year then went back and....Duh... It didn't work. I'm definitely rebuilding now too. Anyways... Welcome again and hope to see you around. I know for me taking action keeps the beast at bay. I'm stuck in a living situation that I'm trying to make work with a GF who continues to drink, so I very much get the situation you ummm remedied Onward upward.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by kode View Post
@all thanks I needed that.

@MIRecovery: No I don't have a sponsor. I disconnected from my sponsor and left the rooms about a year ago. I also stop working the 12 steps. Today I download the Big Book and found this website with the hope to start all over again.
This is the horrible thing about alcoholism, we never get over it. "Half measures availed us nothing." Our disease tells us we're okay we don't need AA we don't need sponsors we don't need steps. Slowly but surely we were revert back to our old thinking and the lure of alcohol becomes too much and we relapse.

I honestly believe that working the program of AA is the easier softer way.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post

This is the horrible thing about alcoholism, we never get over it. "Half measures availed us nothing." Our disease tells us we're okay we don't need AA we don't need sponsors we don't need steps. Slowly but surely we were revert back to our old thinking and the lure of alcohol becomes too much and we relapse.

I honestly believe that working the program of AA is the easier softer way.
Agree this disease tricked me to believing that everything was ok by staying away from my support group. But slowly and surely I reverted backwards. I learned so far from this bad experience that I can't do this alone. I will definitely start working the AA program again.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi Lou,

Welcome! You will find lots of support here. Sorry about the relapse but I am so happy that you want to get back on the wagon! It sounds like you have a plan in place. Keep checking here- read, post, do whatever it takes. Great to get back to AA. Hugs, PG
Old 06-22-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grateful

Hi Kode,

You kind of told my story...some differences but the same general theme. I had 7 years sober and went back out. I too walked away from AA about 2 years before I relapsed. I guess it took 2 years for a life crisis to come up or it probably would have been sooner.

The good news is that I am sober again (2+ months). I am back in AA and working the steps with a sponsor and I have hope again. When I went back out I stayed out there for eight L-O-N-G years. There are several others here that have gone back out after several years of sobriety and are sober again. You are fortunate that it's only been 3 weeks. I'm glad you found us and also glad you are deciding to get sober again!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grungehead View Post
Hi Kode,

You kind of told my story...some differences but the same general theme. I had 7 years sober and went back out. I too walked away from AA about 2 years before I relapsed. I guess it took 2 years for a life crisis come up or it probably would have been sooner.

The good news is that I am sober again (2+ months). I am back in AA and working the steps with a sponsor and I have hope again. When I went back out I stayed out there for eight L-O-N-G years. There are several others here that have gone back out after several years of sobriety and are sober again. You are fortunate that it's only been 3 weeks. I'm glad you found us and also glad you are deciding to get sober again!
Thanks Grungehead for sharing.

I am glad that you are sober again and things are going well for you at AA. I am starting to feel better already this place feels like home. I am very fortunate that I found this site.

Everyone has been of great help.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

May your higher power guide you on the path sobriety. Your story has given me great strength knowing it is possible to come back after relapse. Thank you. You are a real inspiration
Old 06-23-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Awesome! The bleeding has stopped. I didn't drink all day yesterday with your help. Just got back from my first meeting in my AA home group in a very long time. I received a nice welcome back. It was nice to be back among my peers. Now to continue my sobriety and heal my wounds I will commit myself to my AA home group and help other alcoholics and freely give what I have freely received. I will also commit myself to this community and help other alcoholics to the best of my ability.

Thanks everyone for picking me up while I was down.