Notices

my story

Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a tough day!! Glad you shared your story.. Please find one of the many structured recovery programs and get going!! Stop the insanity.. Wishing you the best.. PM me if I can help in any way..
Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by corockies View Post
most people going through this seem like they are married too. I have always found that odd. I would think more single loneliness would be the most of people because of the loneliness.

It seems like a lot of people have that support system to help, which i don't. I know it is about me finding that support system, which is why, for sure, I am here :-)
I think the point of this realisation is that it doesn't matter what your situation, if you're drinking you're drinking. In all the stories I have read of people's drinking lives the one thing that is consistent is that no matter what the external circumstances the habit stays the same. It doesn't matter what you change in your life, the problem doesn't magically go away. I have come to see quitting drinking as an inside job. Support helps but I have to do the hard work myself.