Notices

Day 9 ; D

Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 ; D

Day 9!! Yay!! I made it 15 days last time before I relapsed but I am doing much better this time around. Anyone else close to me on the timeline?? How are you feeling??
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Today is day 7 for me. I made 100 days two years ago but relapsed and progressively got worse from there. Here is my second try at this.

All in all, I am ok. No cravings. Wicked insomnia and loss of appetite - makes me a bit cranky but Im ok. I like waking up clear-headed and I find Im more productive in all aspects of my life (work, school). Haven't been out with my friends but I feel I need this - trying to avoid triggers early on so Im successful.

How are you feeling?
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Bestwishes to you both , M
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Day 9 here as well. Almost relapsed yesterday and today is so-so but I went to an AA meeting this morning and might get to another tonight if I feel I need it. Congrats to you.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me. Went to have dinner a drinking buddy's house last night, he swilled away and I had water. Using the AVRT method, really impressed with the simplicity and logic.

The night sweats have stopped, still waking up every few hours but able to go back to sleep. Still getting a dull headache from time to time which I never had before.

Taking lots of vitamins and walking 1-3 miles per day. Losing some weight. That extra 1000+ calories I used to drink daily is gone now.

Keep it up, you can do it this time!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

one day at a time - if you can get to six weeks things start to look different - but all bars and drinking establishments are a no no for six months - if your serious about staying sober a book titled "living sober" has some great pointers just don't quit trying before the miracle happens!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have those dull headaches too, and I too wake up a few times a night. i guess that is detoxing - but I dont remember these feelings from before when I did my first 100 days. Makes me tired, a bit depressed, and I feel I have no energy. I am taking vitamins too and Im losing weight too (4 lbs) but all in all, Im not feeling that great. When does that start to
change?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Yesterday was one hour at a time for me! It was relatively easy up until then.

I'm a daily, all day drinker, but the pull is more mental now than physical. Just hanging in there, hoping it gets easier as time goes on.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Keep it up everyone! It is hard but it will get so much easier.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 8 for me.

The weekend is hard. I just worked out for two hours, planning on going grocery shopping and going to a movie for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I'll figure something out.

Down time is my biggest trigger. Bored? Why not get hammered? (Says the AV)...

Pat
Old 06-22-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. I once went 3 weeks, then relapsed. The first time I quit was the day Whitney Houston died. I grew up in the 80s and she was so beautiful and young and talented and so alive! I just cried and cried when she died. At the time, I was on the floor in the bathroom vomiting. And I said that was it. Made it 3 weeks.

Now I'm better equipped. I did a lot of research and reading and got some good techniques and resources before I took my last drink; namely Allen Carr's EasyWay book and Craig Beck's book "Alcohol lied to me". Doing well so far!
Old 06-22-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Bang, day 9? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Originally Posted by Pat S View Post

Down time is my biggest trigger. Bored? Why not get hammered? (Says the AV)...

Pat
Ugh the AV. I cried for two hours straight yesterday because my AV wouldn't SHUT UP. I feel like it gets stronger and more persistent as time is going on now.

Reminds me of my young son when he asks for something that he can't have. He starts by asking mildly and calmly, and then cranks it up a notch each time I say no until he has an all-out hysterical fit.

Today my AV is telling me that it's ok to drink for a little while longer since I just started AA and am not working the steps yet - that I'll stop when I really buckle down and start working the steps with a sponsor. And that as long as I'm going to AA, even if I'm drinking, at least I've admitted I have a problem and am working on it. Stupid, stupid thoughts.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have attached a personality to my AV. He is a guy who was a scammer throughout his life and always had some get-rich-quick scheme he was touting. He is in jail now, where he belongs for defrauding elderly people. Whenever I hear my AV, I see this guys face trying to scam me into something.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sonrisa12 View Post
Today is day 7 for me. I made 100 days two years ago but relapsed and progressively got worse from there. Here is my second try at this.

All in all, I am ok. No cravings. Wicked insomnia and loss of appetite - makes me a bit cranky but Im ok. I like waking up clear-headed and I find Im more productive in all aspects of my life (work, school). Haven't been out with my friends but I feel I need this - trying to avoid triggers early on so Im successful.

How are you feeling?
Staying away from your triggers is the best think u can do. Unfortunately my trigger is work so it's hard to avoid it ; /
Old 06-24-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 1- again. I don't want to live the cycle - deprevation-reward-shame-
Old 06-24-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sonrisa12 View Post
I have those dull headaches too, and I too wake up a few times a night. i guess that is detoxing - but I dont remember these feelings from before when I did my first 100 days. Makes me tired, a bit depressed, and I feel I have no energy. I am taking vitamins too and Im losing weight too (4 lbs) but all in all, Im not feeling that great. When does that start to
change?
Where u are now is a pretty rough spot. I'm only a few days ahead of you and I still have low energy at day 11, but its easier now to force myself to get up and out..... At day 7 I had returned to work and I literally sat in the office all day... Now..... Day 11, I didn't even notice until I read your post but my nausea is gone! My headaches are better too! Today I can say that I will make it and I def feel better than I did 2 days ago! Hang in there , you're not feeling this way alone