Notices

I need help

Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We have used alcohol to suppress emotions so many if us suffered anxiety in the first few months .
It's called the roller coaster ups and downs but as time on this all settles . The booze is trying to trick u at this point. Just hang in ok
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You guys have been so nice and helpful thank you! It's so nice to know that people care for me i signed up here to get your guys help knowing that you guys are here for me and support is what I need I quit all my old friends all rime ago you guys make me feel good just that you took the time to par something Thanxhelps me want to get better
Old 06-23-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I really feel for your situation Tinah. Believe me though that your panic attacks are caused by the alcohol. It seems you are at crisis point right now but it will only get worse if you carry on drinking. It may be tough while you get sober and you may need some help with your caring duties but it is necessary if you want things to improve. I had horrible anxiety when I was drinking and was in state of panic whenever I wasn't at home. It isn't a nice way to live. I had very disturbed sleep for a few weeks and some anxiety attacks since getting sober but is nothing compared to the first few days sober. It really gets better if you stick with it. My anxiety is laughable now compared to what I had to deal with while I was drinking. Sometimes I feel it getting a bit out of control but now I am not just pouring alcohol on it I am able to deal with it in a rational way and make improvements in my life in a way which was impossible for me before. It may feel like right now you have to drink to get things done ( I understand that thought, it kept me drinking for years) but you really don't. After the initial recovery period and giving yourself space and time to look after yourself things really do improve sober. Please give it all you have. Get some medical support and see if you can go to and outpatient treatment so you can still do some of your caring duties, as it sounds like that is really important to you. But don't just carry on drinking because it is easier. We are here to support you, and there is lots of outside help available too when you look for it. Glad you're here x
Old 06-23-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Hi Tinah,

It sounds like you're really needed at home, someone is depending on you. As others have mentioned, you can't take care of anyone else until you take care of yourself.
Please call a doctor and AA. We'll be here for you to help you through. You have much support!! Don't forget.

Scoob..
Old 06-23-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You all have been so nice to me. Thank you needed it. I have been given up on so many times. The support here is amazing. I will win this battle.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Called a program they gonna see me on Thursday morning maybe a 30 day stint will do it i need it so bad.very excited
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Great to hear Tinah!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support it means so much i never thought anyone cared
Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yay Tinah!!! So happy to hear (read) this! Please keep us posted as to how you are doing
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Can anybody tell me what to expect when I get there?
Old 06-25-2013, 09:11 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Between the retching and trying to keep the beer down I need to make it till Thursday
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tinah

I have no experience to share but I think you made a good choice.
Best wishes

D
Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
sunshinescooby

Hi Tinah,

I have no experience with this either.. the important thing is you get there and get sober.

Best to you!!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I never wanted to be sober before now I want it more than anythingand i cant it got that bad drinking your problems away will kill you
Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

So glad that you found a place that will evaluate you. You can make it until tomorrow.....remember you are not alone we are here for you.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

So inspiring reading thru these posts and TinaH im so glad you've taken the steps you had to take! I wish you well on your journey! Please keep posting.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

The stomach pain and self worth is so bad gotta make iu it till romorrow
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Keep your fluids up by drinking water! It won't be easy but I'm on day 3 of withdrawals and my stomach pain has started getting better! Stay strong!
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Like the book says once we're in a good place we need nor fear going to places other men go. I know a lot of bartenders that have a lot of time sober. Maybe it's because they see what happens on a daily basis and see that that just doesn't look that fun.
Panic and anxiety attacks were probably the biggest thing that kept me out when I was drinking and doing whatever else it was I was doing. But once i got clean and sober they went away and I don't mean to be so cliche but i could live life on life's terms no problem. I had a great sponsor and he taught me all about perspective and how i looked at things and how to turn that around. Now i wasn't angry anymore. I didn't have anxieties anymore. That's just worry ing about things yet to happen and probably won't. And if they do God is always there to guide us and we should have a support group to help us as well. Recovery isn't a strict certain way but a way that works best for you. But many of the facts always ring true no matter what.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I'm still drinking beer my stomach is still so had trying to get to till tommorow