Notices

Pushing emotions away...migrains...day 19

Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pushing emotions away...migrains...day 19

Day 19 sober and I'm so lost at how to deal with negative emotions right now without drinking. The people I can talk to -- I don't talk to them, because I am such a people pleaser I feel bad burdening people with my troubles. I don't have a sponsor yet. On one hand I want to talk to someone about my negative feelings, but on the other hand I feel like my problems are not worthy to warrant help from someone.

I had a job interview today and the woman interviewing me was so rude and couldn't wait to get me out of her office. I was so upset (I've been unemployed awhile) and I had no one to talk to. Just feel like all my stress has no where to go without drinking. I've been getting bad migraines as well. Everyother day and I think in some way they are being triggered by my stress.

Aside from working out I just don't know what to do with these dumb feelings. I suddenly feel everything! Its so exhausting.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me a long time to realise that bad feelings do pass without me drinking them away, or that stress can be handled with out booze.

Living sober is a skill and it take a little while...it's especially tough when we have those bad days...but they remain bad days...then don't turn into bad weeks now we;re not drinking.

Don't feel bad about reaching out either - you're every bit as worthy of help as anyone else

I hope tomorrow is better for you - you won't regret waking up sober

D
Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can talk to us here. Boy, do I know that feeling of thinking my problems aren't worth anyone's time! Something I'm starting to realize... the alcohol is just a mask.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you. It is all around confusing. Having trouble deciding if my reality is making my day bad or if my emotions are making my day bad! I can't tell. I hope tomorrow is a better day.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Negative emotions can be so tiring. Try to remember that they are just emotions. They don't control you. You can still find some positive things in your day. And, we're family here, so don't worry about talking to us.