SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stench (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/298422-stench.html)

Mattymattymatt 06-20-2013 04:10 PM

Stench

I'm 35 alcoholic drinking for 20 years. 4 years vodka all day every day. 4 hospitalizations (2 - 5150's) 2 duis - 1 seizure from withdrawal. I smell like pesticides. soaks into any fabric that is nearby. doctor says i'm dead in 5 years. -----get off it if you can.

Dee74 06-20-2013 04:16 PM

Welcome matty :)

I was much like you - there's a lot of us here who can identify.

I feared I was beyond hope but the great community here really helped me turn my life around :)

I know we could help you do the same :)

D

Dollyangel17 06-20-2013 04:19 PM

Welcome! Glad you joined us...you can do this!

Olive1 06-20-2013 04:21 PM

Hi Mattymattymatt,

At the end of my drinking I was in the hospital for two weeks. My doctor told me that if I had one more drink I would die.
I am pretty sure he was right.
I have eight years sobriety now. I truly believe you can do this.
:)

Nuudawn 06-20-2013 04:25 PM

Welcome Matty. You will find wonderful support here..stay close.

MeSoSober 06-20-2013 04:28 PM

You are YOUNG and have many, many good years ahead! Get ahold of this thing now so you can live them to the fullest! It is NOT too late and don't you dare tell yourself that it is! Hugs and strength to you.

Mattymattymatt 06-20-2013 04:46 PM

I'm not trying to get sober. I only wanted to chime in on the miserable stench. and also mention the seizure danger of alcohol withdrawal without drugs. sweating shaking and heart is sinking and the fear, the nightmares of death and the hallucinations. mind rattle. Take care everyone.

MIRecovery 06-20-2013 04:46 PM

Yup! there was so much alcohol coming out of the pores of my skin I'm surprised that I did not catch fire around an open flame

IWillWin 06-20-2013 05:01 PM

Matty - you are not beyond sobriety but I respect your choice as an adult to make your own decisions.

Just wanted to say that if you want to live sober you can - there are many ways and you are worth it.

ScottFromWI 06-20-2013 05:08 PM

Matt

Something tells me you didn't just go through the trouble of seeking out a recovery site, creating a login account and making a post purely to let us know that you smell from drinking. You are still alive and can get better if you want to. Stick around and read a bit, you might just find a few things that might help.

Hevyn 06-20-2013 05:11 PM

Matty - I'm glad you came here and posted. I hope you'll decide to talk to us some more. Your life doesn't have to be filled with misery.

Pedro1234 06-20-2013 05:24 PM

Hi, i smell. I am 35 and i will be dead in five years. That is all!
I dont think so Mattymattymatt :) You have come to the right place. Hang around, read some posts and lap up the support you will need to turn your life around. Many of us were or still are in the same place as you but have chosen to improve our lives one day at a time. I hope you hang around if only to realise that you are not alone. Welcome Mattymattymatt to SR:)

Anna 06-20-2013 05:47 PM

Matty, I hope you change your mind.

Sasha4 06-20-2013 05:58 PM

Matty - my life got so much better from the age of 35 years old.

I had a baby when I was four days short of being 36.
My career took off when I went back to work at around 37.
I feel happier now, coming up to 40 than I have ever felt.
I'm also in my 2nd year of sobriety.

Please don't stop trying.

My best to you
xx

MIRecovery 06-20-2013 05:59 PM

Sobriety is life. It can be done many here are proof of that

Wastinglife 06-20-2013 07:16 PM

I've been there Matty. I drank vodka all day, every day for a couple years. I had a DUI and 3 hospitalizations. I'm the same age as you and had almost given up, but at 35, you still have half your life left. I hope you seek some help.

sunshinescooby 06-20-2013 07:51 PM

I wish I was 35. Matty. Stay with us.

ChrissieB 06-20-2013 08:00 PM

Hi Matty I have a feeling that you think you can't get off it, many many people have felt like that, but they found out they could with the help of other alcoholics.... We can't do it on our own. Praying for you and sending you love and hope!

Nighthawk8820 06-20-2013 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mattymattymatt (Post 4027549)
I'm 35 alcoholic drinking for 20 years. 4 years vodka all day every day. 4 hospitalizations (2 - 5150's) 2 duis - 1 seizure from withdrawal. I smell like pesticides. soaks into any fabric that is nearby. doctor says i'm dead in 5 years. -----get off it if you can.

Do you want to live? List some reasons why, even write them down if you can. Hold that list with you as a reminder of why you are trying to get sober. ****, you could even laminate it and keep it in your wallet, so you never forget where were on this day, when you look back. You can make a change, I promise.