Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I'm desperate to get back my old life, but the withdrawal symptoms make it HELL!

Notices

I'm desperate to get back my old life, but the withdrawal symptoms make it HELL!

Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Burningcold you'll get through this. Stay strong!!
Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm glad your taking steps in the right direction REMAS, and I'm honored if I can help you do that in any way. I've never had a taste for the drink myself, but my father died from being an alcoholic as did my step-father, so I can tell you first hand... If you don't take control, it will eventually take your life (over). Stick with it, keep posting, don't be afraid... I can tell you first hand, it gets better...
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 10, feeling much better, still some residual... Nothing I can't deal with though. No going back now, on to a better life. I actually spent time with friends last night, and had a good time doing it, without being doped up. So damn happy to be getting my life back. Small steps, but I have hope for the future now. Again, thank you to everyone here that supported me.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Imagine how good you will feel in ten more days.... At one month.... Three months.... Six.... It will keep getting better!

I hope you stick around because you are an inspiration for others and you seem like such a nice, warm person. We all have our good days and bad days even in sobriety so its nice to be able to come here and be in this community. Most of the people I have met here are amazing.

So you're doing awesome and its almost the weekend! I am thankful today for your success and for my own triumph. It's nice to enjoy life without that desperate feeling when you aren't sure where the next high will come from or the fear of running out... Oh and lets not even mention how much money I must be saving. I was spending $150 per DAY. At least. Blew through my entire savings and then some.

No more man we are free!!! Have a great weekend!!!!

Old 06-28-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 11. I'm ashamed to say... The better I start to feel, the more I forget to return here to update my post. Anyone who is still following it, I just want to say; This forum, the people in it, and the advice I took from it was paramount in my recovery so far. I believe that I wouldn't have made it this far without soberrecovery.com's help. So in time, if I stop coming back, know that I will forever be grateful. Thank you.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Closing in on two weeks. Some days I wake up with a... numb feeling in my head. But thats the worst of it. I'm back to my daily activities, trying to reconnect with friends and family. I've been sleeping regularly again, and feeling OK. No sickness to speak of. Its a relief. Feels fantastic to be getting back to life as usual, and I'm saving tons of money now, its nice not to have an expensive drug habit. =/
Old 06-30-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Glad you're on the mend! Keep taking those steps forward.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

You are awesome. Please keep coming around! We like you!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wow, I am pretty impressed with your recovery. I am an alcoholic who relapsed in April after a 2 yr sobriety stint. Getting back into sobriety is proving harder. My addiction beast has gotten smarter.

I've heard it said it's easier to stay sober than to try to get sober. I am living it.

Please keep posting. You are an inspiration
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Just over 21 days clean. Feeling much better all around. Physically, mentally, and slowly but surely getting my life back in order. Depression and anxiety have been gone for days. Sleeping every night. Its a relief. Ill say this for certain... I will never put myself through that again. Thanks to everyone for the support.