Notices

Feel stupid and betrayed

Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel stupid and betrayed

My boyfriend of almost five years stopprd drinking the end of April when he was hospitalized as he could not walk. In the six mos before he lost his 88 yr old dad and the weeks before was fired. Since his so called sobriety he has slipped twice. I am pretty sure tonite was the third. I came upstairs as I am tired of his lies. He said he went to a meeting bit I can tell when his voice and demeanor change. He was also taking Vicodin for knee pain whic stopped in April. . His binge drinking afterwards caused the hospitalization. He has been living here rent free since oct. before that he was paying me a very very nominal amt. . I did not know he was an alcoholic until the binge drinking in April. My family thinks I am crazy I have been asking him to get his own place for two years. I told him I can't take my constant questioning him as our trust has eroded. I told him he HAS to get a room by July. Does anyone ever regain trust? He also started seeing a therapist last week. His ex wife told me he drank for most of the marriage.
I love him but cannot stand the drama and anxiety. I know I need al anon. I am reading one day at a time Before the binge drinking, he never got drunk. I guess his tolerance has changed. He had to be drinking morning to night while he worked.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are focusing on what you need. It does seem as though your ex-boyfriend needs to get his own place--then you can assess the situation better. Hang in there and I'm glad you are planning to get some help.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you missy. I appreciate your reply.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that you are doing the right thing by seeking support for yourself. Reading and AlAnon can help you get through this. And, please continue to read and post.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you joined us but sorry for the reason why. It is good that you are taking care of yourself and trying to be free of the drama. You deserve a peaceful life.