Notices

Two weeks sober,dt's are bad!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks sober,dt's are bad!

I have been a heavy drinker for years.I would drink 18 beers a day and have been for 2 years straight now.I hurt my back in 1995 and ended up on disability.I could'nt do the things i had always been used to doing and it was depressing to me.I used to drink only on the week ends when i was working every day but then after i got hurt i started drinking every day to more or less get rid or help with my pain.I have been drinking like this since 1995.I started hurting under my right rib cage and was throwing up and diareia every morning and through out the day.It got to where i could'nt even keep water down.I would start drinking 10:00 am every morning and drink till late evening or till i was ready to pass out.Go to bed and toss and turn all night and do the same thing all over again.I am 2 weeks sober now doing it all on my own.I don't like hospitals and only go to one if only i really have to.I still shake every day and i can't seem to get enough to eat.I drink a lot of water too.I just can't seem to get enough to eat,i guess its where i was always bloated from the beer.I just want to know how long this will last or will i always shake and be hungry?I hope i can loose some of this beer belly and some weight,but man,i am to hungry to loose weight.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there man. Are you eating well? You have to put real food into yourself to heal. You know - fresh cooked food, fruits, veggies, protein. Not fast food like we tend to eat when we're drinking. Can you get to an AA meeting for support?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! If you're still shaking two weeks sober you should see a doctor, that doesn't seem normal to me. With me the shaking stopped after a week. Remember too, your body is craving food to replace the alcohol so it's normal to feel very hungry. I'd say eat lots of good food and worry about losing weight later.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

It doesn't last forever, but I would encourage you to go see a doctor. Detoxing can be quite dangerous.

Near the end of my drinking I couldn't eat anything and at the end of my binge would throw up for the whole day and basically bile because I didn't eat at all. Couldn't keep water down either.

Like advbike said hang it there it really does get better.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Oh and congrats on 2 weeks! That is awewsome!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to Sr

I'd break down and see a Dr - that way you can put your mind at ease

D
Old 06-19-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im with dee, see a doc man. Its your life here. Hang in there buddy.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Im only on day 2 so i cant really give you any advice, i just wanted to congratulate you on your current acchievement!! Youre doing so well!!

Try and drink as much water as you can, I was told yesterday by my councillor that it can take a number of weeks to completely re-hydrate your body after drinking large amounts for a long time.

Keep posting! Im going to follow your journey, youre already inspirational by getting this far on your own.

Take care

Oz
Old 06-19-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes, see a doctor. Perhaps he or she will recommend drinking lots of orange juice, like mine recommended years and years ago. And he or she may prescribe other things. From the amount of drinking you say you've been doing it sounds like it would be a lot safer to seek medical help. Good luck.And congratulations on your progress thus far. It's a tough road but it is really worth it. Hang in there!

W.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm with everyone that said you should consider seeing a Dr. Think of him or her as a helpful option...you don't have to suffer like this.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Withdrawal sucks! I understand what you are going through, that is what keeps me sober today (along with a lot of other things), but I never want to go through that again.

Please read the advice above and talk with a Doctor. Nothing to be ashamed about, as they hear this all the time. You just need a little help to get you through this.

Welcome to SR!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by hillbilly3600 View Post
I have been a heavy drinker for years.I would drink 18 beers a day and have been for 2 years straight now.I hurt my back in 1995 and ended up on disability.I could'nt do the things i had always been used to doing and it was depressing to me.I used to drink only on the week ends when i was working every day but then after i got hurt i started drinking every day to more or less get rid or help with my pain.I have been drinking like this since 1995.I started hurting under my right rib cage and was throwing up and diareia every morning and through out the day.It got to where i could'nt even keep water down.I would start drinking 10:00 am every morning and drink till late evening or till i was ready to pass out.Go to bed and toss and turn all night and do the same thing all over again.I am 2 weeks sober now doing it all on my own.I don't like hospitals and only go to one if only i really have to.I still shake every day and i can't seem to get enough to eat.I drink a lot of water too.I just can't seem to get enough to eat,i guess its where i was always bloated from the beer.I just want to know how long this will last or will i always shake and be hungry?I hope i can loose some of this beer belly and some weight,but man,i am to hungry to loose weight.
You are almost through the worst of it..........and then it will be better and better, the longer you stick with it. You can do this...........
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your concerns!I'm doing it on my own.I do eat good food no fast food lots of protein and meat vegies.Never was in to the sweet stuff man.The shakes seem to demenish after i eat but skip a meal the shakes get three times worse.It sure feels good to eat good food it taste so good and my bowels move so much better too.When i d4rink i have very bad hemroids and burn like fire with a bowel movement but that has all went away thank god for that.The tiredness is still there but i have faith in god he will help me through this.Thanks again everyone for caring that means alot to know that i'm not the only one that is going through the same problems.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling positive hillbilly... Keep us posted on your progress. Everyday you stay sober you will feel better
Old 06-20-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi hillbilly, it might be worth going to your GP to get your blood sugar tested if you are getting shaky when not eating. Hope you get sorted and feel better soon congrats on your 2 weeks
Old 06-20-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks guy's,i will keep you posted, and i check my blood sugar it was 101 this morning.If i can get over the tiredness it wiil be even better!I've eat two bologna sandwiches,a bowl of chunky soup,a cheese and mayonase sandwich,and two pork chops so far today and i could still eat..lol