Notices

90 days

Old 06-19-2013, 08:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful

Briar - Congratulations on 90 days...you are awesome!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thanks everyone, it really is awesome to be sober. It's a very powerful kind of freedom. Certainly I still have my issues, but I actually have the strength and clarity to work on them. It's hard, but it feels like I'm finally growing up. I heard somewhere that an addict stops emotionally maturing when they start using, and that really makes sense to me. It's like I'm finally back on track (apparently the track runs through some dark places, but hey, at least I'm on it!). Thanks again for all your support and encouragement, and best wishes to everyone!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Briar... YES....this is a huge positive step! I'm one of the folks on this board that attends AA meetings. The understanding of the people in the rooms is truly amazing. SR people gives me a similar feeling, that's probably why I love to end my day coming here. Being sober, IMHO, is so much more than not consuming alcohol. Unity, Service & Recovery. I agree, volunteering/being of service gets us out of ourselves. Something to begin doing ??