Notices

White Knuckles

Old 06-18-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

White Knuckles

Good Morning SR! OK - here it is. The past 5 days have been rough. Still not drinking, but temptation is tough. I can do it.

Aircondition was hit by lightning along with other power outlets in house. Called insurance company and they sent out the electrician and a/c techs. Waiting to hear from adjuster, while sweating to death . Problem - they will deduct the $1000 deductible. Understand that, but I am an unemployed student. Not asking for sympathy, just prayers.

I went last week for a job interview for a part-time cashier at a retail store. I was offered the position and had to pass a background, drug test and an assessment test. Guess what? Background and drug test came back fine. I failed the associate assessment and passed the management assessment. I do not want to be a Manager, I want to finish my education and be a Nurse.

I have an interview tomorrow for a Veterinanarian Office Manager that will fit into my school schedule. I also am in line for substitute teaching and office work in two local counties at different schools.

I am asking for prayers and support that one of these will come through. Thank you for letting me vent.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everything works out Living - prayers out

D
Old 06-18-2013, 04:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey living...

sending you gobs of support and peace!! keep breathing, stay sober, and try to stay positive!!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, I do not want sympathy - just support and prayers. I need a part-time job and so desperately want to finish school. Just praying that something will come through. My Hubby has stood by me through all the turmoils of the last 7 years and he could have left at anytime. I am so grateful, but I need to give him so relief by bringing money in to the home.

Plus, we are all sweating to death LOL!!
Old 06-18-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Just try to remember that adding one more problem won't make things better. It never does.

I'm in ATL also. So sorry to hear you got hit by the bad storms! It's so hot now, too, ugh. My a/c went out last year on the hottest day of the year (it was over 100 degrees that day) and I was miserable.

Good luck with the job search - the vet job sounds nice.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck with the job at the vet's office. It sounds good!