Notices

Has anyone else experienced itching with alcohol withdrawal?

Old 11-27-2020, 06:08 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Jaid View Post
Hi - I know your post was a whole back but curious to find out if the itching resolved? I stopped drinking 33 days ago and itching only started around day 28. Its all over mh body. Hope it will stop soon. Thanks
It looks like the OP only posted once and hasn’t been active since then according to their profile. I hope your itching stops soon. If it’s a concern I’d recommend talking to your health care provider. Welcome to SR btw!
Old 11-27-2020, 06:20 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Could be a few reasons why but I would suggest getting medical treatment.

alcohol is a histamine hence can cause runny eyes and nose and itching during withdrawal.

could also be low nutrients and a medical professional can issue thiamine or other necessary vitamins if there is a defiency.

im not a doctor just sharing some information I was given and strongly advise seeking medical help as even though it is “normal” still would be best to get any necessary treatment to keep you safe as withdrawals are dangerous.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Jaid

Like other have said if its worrying you, why not speak with a doctor?

D
Old 01-12-2021, 07:40 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Samantha

Bringing this back up as I don't think I drank enough to get withdrawal, and I'm already day 11 and this is just happening.
I have horrible itching in a couple of places, but also have a pain on my thigh, that feels like sunburn or sunburn with bruising almost, but I live in canada and its winter and I wear pants, it can't be. Anyone else have this?? I'm scared it might be shingles....
Old 01-12-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

At 11 days sober it doesn't sound like alcohol withdrawal symptoms. It actually sounds like it could be cold induced hives or some other sort of allergic reaction. I would get to an online appointment with an ER doc if that is an option or call an urgent care clinic and ask about getting treated. I don't think they'll want you to come to a health care facility but who knows except for a health care professional? Call in anxiousrock. Now. I'm betting not hives as that doesn't come on super-fast like that, but again clear that theory with a doc, and NOT Dr. Google. Or Dr. SR.
Old 01-12-2021, 07:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Reading threads here, I've heard of itching from withdrawal lasting weeks but none of us can really tell you what this is Anxiousrock.
Check with your doctor if you're worried.
Congrats on 11 days tho.

D
Old 01-13-2021, 12:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thank you both! If it's still bad tomorrow I'm going to call the doctor. We are STILL in lockdown... it's been months... but I can do phone appointments.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:39 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Yes I scratched until it hurt - get some Dr Teal’s sea salt scrub it works wonders so satisfying it’s almost orgasmic