Notices

Y'all saved me

Old 06-15-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Y'all saved me

Wasn't sure what to do with myself this eve...couldn't find anyone to do anything with or anything I wanted to do ..alone. There was a brief moment I thought of going to kill the night down the road with heavy drinking/smoker lady I know. I figured ah well...some wine and cigarettes will kill the night but that thought soon led me to the next ..and then you'll be right back on the addiction train.

I have spent the last few hours lurking around on here. There were moments I thought...ya, this is a great way to spend the evening..glued to a computer reading and posting like some new addiction...

LOL..ya a night of drinking and smoking with the lady down the road would have been oh so much cooler and productive...uh ya ...no.

Thank you SR community ...I think I spent the Saturday with some friends after all...
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you thought some more about the decision because you would have ended up regretting that later. One thing I've learned in sobriety is that thinking of the consequences of my actions ahead of time result in better decision making. You'll wake up feeling great tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

awesome nuudawn

D
Old 06-15-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Wasn't sure what to do with myself this eve...couldn't find anyone to do anything with or anything I wanted to do ..alone. There was a brief moment I thought of going to kill the night down the road with heavy drinking/smoker lady I know. I figured ah well...some wine and cigarettes will kill the night but that thought soon led me to the next ..and then you'll be right back on the addiction train.

I have spent the last few hours lurking around on here. There were moments I thought...ya, this is a great way to spend the evening..glued to a computer reading and posting like some new addiction...

LOL..ya a night of drinking and smoking with the lady down the road would have been oh so much cooler and productive...uh ya ...no.

Thank you SR community ...I think I spent the Saturday with some friends after all...
I see you doing great things someday, and none of them include hanging out with the heavy smoking/wine guzzling lady, lol. You are a joy to be around and seem to have a pretty great sense of humor...........I added you to my friends list. Congrats on another night conquered with your sobriety!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea I must say; if it wasn't for the board & app. There would not have been a day 2 or 3 for me .. After I blew up & melted down last week I thought I was a Goner for sure
Old 06-15-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you. i wish it was enough to say that, but it needs to be today. thank you.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done Nudawn MUCH better to be addicted to SRC or AA than the other stuff, hey?
Boredom passes, ongoing addiction lingers sadly.....
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hey, i tried to pm but you need to delete some
Old 06-16-2013, 12:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

U made me happy; this place saves me all of the time....sometimes I think I'm odd.

Now I know I am not alone.... glad u are feeling better!!!

Love Venus xx
Old 06-16-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's exactly how I feel Nuudawn

The people on this site are simply fantastic - it's like a thousand people holding you up.