Notices

Checking in on day zero

Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Aw, gee, Maxie, I'm touched - a 'shout out for Vic'! Don't think I've ever had an SR member do that before, so thank you blossom.

Yeh, I'm not too bad - if being at about 2 weeks of drinking again can be described that way. I don't want to hijack your thread now you're back; the many others who are currently sober, no matter how early (just read Marjoram's post too) are the best buddies for you right now. It feels unseemly in a way, to post to others who are coming back to sobriety, while I'm still in a relapse.

The only good thing I can say is that I've been around the block enough now (in life and recovery terms) to actually know my cycles (sobriety-relapse-sobriety...). So I sort of 'know', inside, when a relapse period is coming to its natural end. Probably makes no sense to anyone, but it's the only way to think of it that doesn't make me want to throw in the towel completely, on sobriety. Sort of a 'conscious relapse', if you will. [In AVRT terms, they call it 'deciding to drink / being successful at drinking'..until you 'decide' Not-To.]

Anyway, I still have this memory of your fab pic a few months ago, of you grinning like a loon, all bundled up in the cold and mud, on that Dalek-style two wheeler thingy. Heheh. You having some insane, outta your comfort zone, sheer fun with your son. Maybe that memory will warm your heart, if / when the recovery caper feels just too damn hard again! You know, those times when you think, 'Where's bloody Dr Who when ya need him?' Especially the latest handsome cool one :-)

Onward and upward, for you my girl ..... keep those cups o' tea stirring your English blood :-)

xx Vic
Old 06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

PS what in Goddess' name is this 'shred' caper??????????????
Some new, scientifically proven way of shredding weight? Shredding bad thoughts? Shredding the old piles of domestic paperwork?

Shredding the loads of living, in toto?

Good heavens, woman, get a grip and just have more tea :-)
xx
Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I just cannot resist - after seeing your reply to GT... (Vicky)

My name is not Maxie, it's Max or Maxine. Thank you!

Don't feel like you cannot post, I know you want this on some level otherwise you would not be here. I have confidence in you.

Ha! The Segway day! Still gutted that I came last, I thought I was vrooming around - ok felt like I was vrooming around at at least 60mph! (more like 10 though)

Day zero 7 days ago. Day 8 tomorrow. It's been far from easy. I'm in my jimjams already. Saturday night, 8pm - bed and book

Thank you to everybody who has supported me through this week. I am SO glad to be back xx
Old 06-22-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 week
Old 06-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Congrats on 1 week
Thank you!

I now need to work on not getting complacent, or go back to my old thinking. Hey - you can do a week or 2, what's the problem?

I'm enjoying my current mindset. Not for me thanks, I don't drink alcohol.