Notices

Checking in on day zero

Old 06-17-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks Jess, hope you are well Is it wrong to be counting down to bed time at 4.30pm? I just want to get today done before the AV goes into over-drive!

Had to pop to the shops, bypassed the 2 bottles of wine and instead I have 2 packets of cookies LOL. Hey ho, Rome wasn't built in a day
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hmm i remeber that sneaky AV .. i used to go to bed at 6:30 pm to fox it sometimes .
Great achievment dodging that wine in the shops .. i did'nt wander down that aisle for about 3 months ..

Cookies are a good treat / reward and infinately more sencible than what i used .. tubs of luxury chocolate chip ice cream .. Errk !

M
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I'm a bit over cookie'd! I don't usually eat many sweet things, I prefer my junk in the savoury form. Mmmm burger.... The kids would be thrilled if I started turning up with luxury choc chip ice cream though! I was in my local shop so there isn't a wine aisle as such, it's a tiny place, wherever you are standing you are practically next to everything. I actually feel safer in there than the supermarket strangely enough. It's because I've pretty much caned it, I'd be too embarrassed to buy from there again, but Morrisons gives me that anonymity that I need to not even think about!

Well 6.20 - we've had dinner, DD has gone to bed after a busy weekend/early start, I reckon I might follow her!

Have been looking at 30 day shred on Youtube... just looking for now... gotta learn the routine first I'll see how I feel in the morning. Watch this space!

Have a great evening
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
jkb

Mtn-
I never had much of a sweet tooth... or so I thought.... now I can polish off a piece of cake and then be in bed at 9 pm...lol. So nope I see nothing wrong with snacks or early bedtimes....:rotfxko

I am doing well. Thanks for asking, Jess
Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Haha I am going to bed now, still feeling a bit stuffed but I've clearly entered grumpy mode... the neighbours are mowing their lawn - I mean how dare they? Don't they know I want to be asleep by 7 on this lovely perfect lawn mowing evening?!! I can hear kids playing in their gardens too. I mean sheesh...

Lol bed is the best place for me! Catch you all tomorrow
Old 06-17-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Not grumpy this morning Horrible nightmare riddled sleep again, but it was sleep so that'll do me.

30 day shred? Yeah who was I trying to kid? Maybe tomorrow! Tea and Candy Crush Saga for me. Another addiction.

My brain has started questioning the never concept this morning, but but ... but what if I want to get trashed, just once a fortnight, that's better than nightly right? Pure AV I know and pretty pointless as I KNOW that allowance, any kind of allowance is pointless, I'll go straight back to where I was, and even if I didn't I'd be white knuckling it for 13 days at a time thinking of nothing else. Not really where I want to be.

Hmmm random thoughts from me this morning.

Sooo my plan for today... general housey stuff this morning, DD to nursery at 1, off to gym at 2 with DS, come home, put his new bed together, cook dinner, fetch DD at 6, eat dinner, go to bed. Doesn't sound very exciting on 'paper' , still I'd rather be safely in bed than anywhere else!

Waffle waffle.

More tea? Why thank you
Old 06-18-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Was just pm'ing a friend but thought would share here too, just to continue my diary of MTN aged 37 3/4 (ok a half but...)

I feel ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH!!!!

Seriously, I cannot wake myself up. This morning was productive enough, dismantled DS bed, took it all down into the garden for the scrap man to collect. Got a double divan upstairs with mattress and got all that together. Did the usual and had lunch with DD, got her to nursery.

Then thought crikey I'm tired. No gym, I've slept for 2.5 hours solid, I don't think I even moved. Just zonk.

I can't wake up now though, I'm just having a coffee before I get DD and I feel completely bleurgh zombified. No headaches, no shakes, no sickness, just absent and cuckoo. I actually feel like crying.

I don't ever want to go through this again

The good news is I don't have to

Another early night for me then!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

But tomorrow you'll feel better :-)

Good call on keeping busy - ill be doing the same once I log out of SR. Hope tomorrow you feel less cuckoo :-)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifebeginsat41 View Post
But tomorrow you'll feel better :-)

Good call on keeping busy - ill be doing the same once I log out of SR. Hope tomorrow you feel less cuckoo :-)
Thanks LB and yes I will - Hopefully! Felt a bit better after a walk round to the nursery, managed to converse with people without looking too blank...

DD has just gone to bed. Once she's settled I'll be not long after. Hope you have a lovely evening, and I hope I'm not too cuckoo tomorrow either (although there is always an element )
Old 06-18-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Rather in the early days for me as well. Best of luck as we jouney out of the wilderness together!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Are you attending AA meetings in your area ?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

That's the spirit

You'll feel better tomorro and better and better everyday from now on

Sleep well-listen to what your body needs.x
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blackcat11 View Post
Rather in the early days for me as well. Best of luck as we jouney out of the wilderness together!
Good luck to you too Blackcat, hope you're feeling ok in these early days

Originally Posted by 2granddaughters View Post
Are you attending AA meetings in your area ?

All the best.

Bob R
I'm not Bob, I'm following a secular route. Some say it hasn't helped much so far, but I'd never had that feeling of I'm ready, REALLY ready to ditch this now. I have looked at their literature and I did an online meeting earlier this year so I'm not completely closed minded. Thanks for asking though.

All the best to you too.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
That's the spirit

You'll feel better tomorro and better and better everyday from now on

Sleep well-listen to what your body needs.x
Thank you RAL

DD finally conked out, DS watching Holby. I'm off to bed to do some reading.... think I will zonk again though as soon as I hit the pillow. Catch you tomorrow have a lovely evening xx
Old 06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hope you're ok MTN.Thinking of you
Old 06-19-2013, 01:11 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm good thanks, had a productive day, some garden, some housey stuff - even made some cupcakes - packet mix of course!

I've been to bed and got up again, far too hot and humid tonight. Oh and I've just stuffed down a microwave lasagne, wasn't even particularly hungry, but it seemed to go down a treat

Back off to bed now, to finish my book and hopefully sleep. Hope you are ok and have had a good day. Catch up in the morning
Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Shout out for Vic, hope you are ok missus xx
Old 06-20-2013, 03:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Have just completed day one of level 1 30 day shred. Crikey if alcohol is not going to kill me I reckon Jillian Michaels is!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome Back MTN - I remember you from last year. I'm in the same boat as you, but I agree that it does feel good to be back. If this were easy, everyone would be sober. We know that things only get better when we are sober. Even the difficult times in life are better sober. As crazy as that sounds.
Take care of yourself, and know you are not alone.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey Marjoram I remember you Glad you are back too and yes it is good to be here. These early days are hard but I feel so much better just knowing I'm committing myself. Take care of yourself too, I've just seen your thread. We CAN do this.