Notices

I feel hungover today

Old 06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I feel hungover today

And I am not. Something like 21 days sober. No booze, no smokes, no benzos.

I have read somewhere before that our bodies/cells/organs have a circadian rhythm of sorts. Like if you have a trauma, your body remembers that at certain "anniversaries" like an exact week from that moment, month, 2 months, etc.

The last drink I had was a grand marnier (gross) exactly 3 weeks ago today. I was on holiday with a few friends who get up in the morning and start with the breakfast beer.

I'm shot today. Literally.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I get phantom hangovers once in a while .

I'm open to it being what a non-problem drinker might call "feeling under the weather" or "just feeling a bit sick / off today " .

Persevere , treat yourself and your body gently . if it hangs round go see the Dr . My phantoms usually go within 48 hrs , a good sleep , plenty of water just incase i'm de-hydrated and healthy food .

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-15-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi

I would not worry about it. It happens to me once in a while. I have noticed that if I eat sugar or heavy food before bedtime, I tend to wake up with a sober hangover. I just see it as a good reminder of what it used to be like
Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by alphaomega View Post
And I am not. Something like 21 days sober. No booze, no smokes, no benzos.

I have read somewhere before that our bodies/cells/organs have a circadian rhythm of sorts. Like if you have a trauma, your body remembers that at certain "anniversaries" like an exact week from that moment, month, 2 months, etc.

The last drink I had was a grand marnier (gross) exactly 3 weeks ago today. I was on holiday with a few friends who get up in the morning and start with the breakfast beer.

I'm shot today. Literally.
I had this happen to me a few times in the early stages of recovery. Its bizarre isnt it? I remember waking up the first time it happened and being like, wth is this? I went to bed at 10pm last night, but I feel like I had been out crowd surfing at a Marilyn Manson concert.

Its part of the healing process. I had "user" dream a lot too, where I would wake up and cringe thinking I had drank, but it was just a dream. Whew!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm feeling very similar lately, myself. Not sure if I'd compare it to an outright hangover, but something odd is definitely going on! I'm feeling foggy in the morning, very slow to start... and fumbling up words pretty badly. Talking, typing, recalling vocabulary, etc. And this is disconcerting for me... I'm a word person!! Ack!!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Hear 'ya. I only liked Grandma in Margaritas. That nasty sugar does not make for a fun next morning. Stick with it. Try to force a little exercise if you can. The Mind/bods healing.