Notices

butterflies

Old 06-15-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

butterflies

Butterflies in my stomach. That's what I feel every day. I want so much to detach, but being a mom, it is the hardest thing to do. My son has been down the rehab, AA, NA, and jail road several time. Every time, I pray it will get better, but my hope is dwindling. I am a Christian and know that God id in control of everyone's lives, so now I feel guilty for not trusting Him. My son is 36 years old. It's been a tough road.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're put into this situation. It is horrible to watch how somebody you love is slowly killing himself/herself...
There is nothing you can really do about it. He needs to want to stop...
Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's tough watching a loved one put themselves in danger. I hope he decides he wants help and gets it.

Take a look at our friends and family forums for more insight into your situation.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I posted a few days ago that I didn't know if it was worse being the alcoholic or loving one (my brother). Not that there is not enough pain to go around. I have to say now after thinking about it. It's more difficult to love one. It took be about 10 years(2of them bad) to admit I was an alcoholic. It has taken my over 25 years to admit I can't save one. At least when they are in jail they can't drink huh. Time seems to be running out for my brother health wise. Some people just need to get to that point I guess. Only then can you really help them. Sorry you have to go through this with a child. As bad as my anguish is in quitting I would do it for him in a hot second if I could. That glass only breaks from the inside.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR hopeforserenity - there's a lot of support here

D