Notices

Sober Weekend June 14-16!

Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yup...going to rain AGAIN in Vermont. At least it will make it easier to lay low as neck feeling better but still hurts. I will go see my Dad later and I'll be grateful he is still here. Enjoy your sober Sunday all!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Sipping orange udong tea with a warm breeze on the front porch. My container garden of herbs and red and orage peppers are doing well.

I live under the flight path of JFK airport an I see some of the biggest planes in the air. A double decker Korean air just went by.

Grateful and sober. That's redundent.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy Father's Day to all who celebrate....my big brother and my nephew are both great Daddy figures. i will send them lovenotes on fb.

Last night i made crispy honey/coconut shrimp...it was GOOD, oven baked it with olive oil.

tonight it is pan-seared scallops over linguini...

hey it is FISH! sunny and humid here, but rain predicted later...I will watch Theresa later. and I have never been to the Hamptons either...but I watch Royal Pains every week.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Sober Sunday Funday check in and Happy Fathers Day to all. Good to see everyone fighting the good fight. No drink so far and its not gonna happen. Survived a party with where we were comped a bottle of Grey Goose, mixers and a table, managed to have fun, but Wow! my energy level drops to 0 after a couple of hours in that environment with out drinking. Funny how when you take these kind of parties in completely sober you realize its actually fun to just sit there an people watch. Crazy night though, GF's son's car was possibly stolen and GF drank to the point of being a rambling, stumbling mess (why do some women wear heals that are hart to walk in in the first place). Hey Sober Clover you can send me some of that rain if you don't want it.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's Monday and I am reporting a wonderful and soberful Sunday was enjoyed by yours truly. I feel like a million bucks. Today is my "Sunday" (back to work tomorrow...sigh) and I intend to breathe through another alcohol free day. This is the day the Lord hath made.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Keep it going BB! Enjoy the day off! I am at work and too feel great and ready to contribute.