Notices

"parents letting go"

Old 05-17-2004, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

"parents letting go"

Hi....I'm returning...have been away dealing with life with a 20 y/o son who is using whatever...methamphetamines, marijuana, booze mostly...I'm a single parent who has been dealing with this for about 8 or 9 years now...alone. My local (small alanon parents letting go) support group has disbanded..but I didn't go that much anyway because my life was so hectic and I felt we spent too much time with all the AA rituals and not enough time with the personal, although I believe in AA.

I'm in need of a little support, ideas and have a lot to share with others in similar situations...So can someone point me in the right direction here?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hi! I'm Missy - alcoholic. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are going thru. You may want to check out the Alanon and Naranon boards here. There's lots of support!

Take care and I wish you well,
Missy
Old 05-17-2004, 11:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Flea,

Welcome!

Please join us in our Al-Anon forum for a great group of ladies who will embrace you and help you with an abundance of support. Additionally, we have online meetings here on Monday and Friday if you would like to join us. See the chat forum for times.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Flea,

You can get lots of support here.

Love, Anna
Old 05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hi Flea, and welcome,
I am the mother of 2 addict sons, who's DOC's are crack, coke, meth, alcohol, and whatever else they have handy. So, I can understand some of the feelings you are experiencing. I post over on the nar-anon board mostly.

Welcome, kick off your shoes and relax......
Old 09-26-2004, 05:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi:

I am new here. Please help... if you can. I have a 20 year old son who is addicted to oxycontin and now crack. He has been in the methadone maintenance progam and failed twice. He is now in the psyche ward after threatening to kill himself. They are about to let him go on tuesday to try the meth clinic again. I know it wont work and he will have to live with me again and I will go thru a living nightmare once more. What can I do?
Old 09-26-2004, 07:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Kimb,
Welcome to Sober Recovery.
Just for now, take a deep breathe. Your son in the hospital right now, is a good thing. I'm sure they have evaluated him for the potential of harming himself.
There is a bunch of parents who post on the naranon board, who have similar problems such as yours.
I am the mother of 2 addict sons. One currently using, the other in rehab.

If your son goes to an inpatient rehab after his hospital stay, you may have the opportunity of talking about half way housing for him, after his rehab. You do not have to have him back to your home.

Hugs and prayers coming your way........
Old 09-28-2004, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was one of those sons. I wish I could take away the pain you are feeling... but I cant. I can tell you that talking about will help YOU!
Your son needs to figure it out on his own. Just keep doing what you are doing... let him know you care, and that there is help. But also protect yourself. That is what is the most difficult. We are all here for you

Glennm