Notices

Life blacked out

Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You said calm the nerves. It only gets worse the longer you prolong it. But I totally understand.
Drink ONE glass. Just one. Then pour the rest down the sink before you have starting drinking that first glass. Hell make it a big glass if you have to.

I cold turkeyed my last round. It wasn't the best idea as withdrawal was tough. So ween off of if you have to. But ween means less over time. And see your doctor !
Old 06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Conversations that I don't remember the endings of, sometimes not even the middles or beginnings.

Photos on my phone of my son I don't remember ever taking.

Waking up with unfinished bottles of wine, the lights all on, my laptop on my lap, at 8pm after starting to drink at 11am.

Wanting so badly for the other life I could be living but putting it off, over and over.
Oh we have all been there, lord knows I have. Many things happened when I blacked out, so I will never remember. I used to have to phone my best friend after a night out and ask if I had fun, or if I made a damn fool of myself. It gets exhausting, but you being here and saying you want to change is a great first step. There are many options, and you dont have to live like you are now. Research everything , and try until something sticks is all I can say to you right now
Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
LessGravity, I know for years if I even thought about quitting drinking I couldn't even follow through on the idea in my own head. I think I was afraid that I would try, be unsuccessful, have to go to AA, be unsuccessful, and then what?! SR has showed me that there are so many ways and methods to recovery. I found that by combining several methods and spending a lot of time here I have been able to stop for longer than I ever would have thought possible.

For me, the relief that stopping has brought me is wonderful. Less chaos. No more forgetting. No more worries about dui arrest. No more putting off things I need to do. More money. Clearer skin. Healthier teeth. Better sleep. Better attitude. It keeps on getting better.

You picked up a bottle of wine tonight, but maybe tomorrow you won't. Make it a choice to stop drinking, not a punishment, or something that's mandatory that you want to rebel against. Good luck!
Chaos, forgetting, anxiety, procrastination, debt, messy skin, dental issues, always tired, depression - it's amazing how all the things you name as being improvements are that which one suffers under the bottle. Thank you for your message. I'm going to not drink today.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi lessgravity, a fellow NYC'r here. Sober since June 1. Its hard, sometimes seemingly impossibly hard, but it gets better, every day. I'm attributing my success so far to opening up to some people close to me, having tremendous support from my wife, and when I crave, I think of the worst it was, and the best that it will be in the future.

God bless and if you need someone to talk to let me know. I'm in Queens.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LetG0 View Post
Hi lessgravity, a fellow NYC'r here. Sober since June 1. Its hard, sometimes seemingly impossibly hard, but it gets better, every day. I'm attributing my success so far to opening up to some people close to me, having tremendous support from my wife, and when I crave, I think of the worst it was, and the best that it will be in the future.

God bless and if you need someone to talk to let me know. I'm in Queens.
I too have a very supportive wife. In fact she's stopped drinking for me. She's not an alcoholic but certainly participated with me in some heavy drinking. Have you been going to meetings?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just a post bump to say thank you to everyone on this site. It's only been 11 days or so but I feel like a different person, living a better, simpler, cleaner, less shameful, less hidden, ok life.

Thank you to everyone who put me on to RR/AVRT, it has changed my life.

I wish all of you out there suffering peace.

I can hear the Beast laughing as I type this. But f** him, I don't drink.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

LessGravity, if I can do it, you can. I'm on day 3, fri morn I woke up in my car in some random neighborhood, with no recollection how I got there, still drunk out of my mind, at 9am, with 3 new bruises and a knot on my head....I almost ALWAYS blackout and wake up with this impending doom of what i did, what I said, txt messages and phone calls I don't remember, bruises, and what I did to relieve that was go to the store and buy more more booze, rinse and repeat, everyday. Today, I have a clear head, and can type this without shaking. One minute at a time, live in the present moment, I have no clue how I'm going to stay sober tomm or tonight, I just have to make the decision right now to not go buy any booze. Remember the bad feelings to keep you sober RIGHT NOW, but don;t dwell on them, use them to your advantage, not to your defeat. You are worth it, you can do this, as can I.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DancingbtRealms View Post
LessGravity, if I can do it, you can. I'm on day 3, fri morn I woke up in my car in some random neighborhood, with no recollection how I got there, still drunk out of my mind, at 9am, with 3 new bruises and a knot on my head....I almost ALWAYS blackout and wake up with this impending doom of what i did, what I said, txt messages and phone calls I don't remember, bruises, and what I did to relieve that was go to the store and buy more more booze, rinse and repeat, everyday. Today, I have a clear head, and can type this without shaking. One minute at a time, live in the present moment, I have no clue how I'm going to stay sober tomm or tonight, I just have to make the decision right now to not go buy any booze. Remember the bad feelings to keep you sober RIGHT NOW, but don;t dwell on them, use them to your advantage, not to your defeat. You are worth it, you can do this, as can I.
No question.

I haven't drank since this post (6/13) and I'm never drinking again.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
Just a post bump to say thank you to everyone on this site. It's only been 11 days or so but I feel like a different person, living a better, simpler, cleaner, less shameful, less hidden, ok life.

Thank you to everyone who put me on to RR/AVRT, it has changed my life.

I wish all of you out there suffering peace.

I can hear the Beast laughing as I type this. But f** him, I don't drink.
Good work.