Notices

So Scared

Old 06-12-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Scared

Im about to have my 3rd foot surgery this Friday after a YEAR of struggling with a foot that just wont a heal and a Dr. that managed to make things worse. Thankfully, I have found a new Dr who, hopefully, fix this once and for all. Of course, through this all, I have become very addicted to Norco. Ive been taking it a year now, up to 80 mg's a day. I have made a decision to quit cold turkey about a week after my surgery and Im so afraid of the withdrawals that I know are coming my way. I have three young children who I love so much and I know my health is decking due to this addiction. Can anyone please, with total honesty, tell me just what to expect and maybe offer some tips on how to make it a tiny bit easier? I would so appreciate it. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know anything about Norcos needhealth, but others will
Have you discussed this plan with the new Doc?

D
Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I don't know about norcos either needhealth - but I'm glad you're here. Hope you'll continue to post & will find the support you need.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We have a forum just for that. Take a look.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-12-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by needhealth View Post
Im about to have my 3rd foot surgery this Friday after a YEAR of struggling with a foot that just wont a heal and a Dr. that managed to make things worse. Thankfully, I have found a new Dr who, hopefully, fix this once and for all. Of course, through this all, I have become very addicted to Norco. Ive been taking it a year now, up to 80 mg's a day. I have made a decision to quit cold turkey about a week after my surgery and Im so afraid of the withdrawals that I know are coming my way. I have three young children who I love so much and I know my health is decking due to this addiction. Can anyone please, with total honesty, tell me just what to expect and maybe offer some tips on how to make it a tiny bit easier? I would so appreciate it. Thank you.

Any withdrawal is unpleasant, and the side effects range in severity depending on the addiction, the length of use, and your own physiological make up. Its great you want to change though, and my hats off to you. remember, you have all the strength you need within you, and the withdrawal will pass.