Notices

SUPPORT FOR ALL (no month required)

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Life's constantly changing... To say we shouldn't make any in the first year seems like nonsense to me. I was miserable when drinking... If something makes me unhappy now, I get rid of it. In sobriety I can handle making changes and w a clear mind. What a beautiful thing! Hope you feel better soon pamel!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bw

Quit I think the no changes thing is based on a decent enough principle - change is stressful and stress can lead us into temptation...

but like I said sometimes change is inevitable, or even desirable.

Each case is a little different I think

D
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

bw

Glad to have another member here.

I am better today; I think seeing my friend in jail (and worse-how she was talking about being there) had a lot of effect on me. I NEVER want to be in that position but everything she was saying led me to believe it was the best place for her now: safe from herself and safe from hurting others.

Scary.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Pamel , I'm glad that your feeling better. What are your plans for the weekend ?
Old 06-29-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Pamel...sorry to hear things are crappy right now. Hang in there!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hello everyone .I had a good weekend with family . How was everyone's. Fourth of July coming up , Let's All Get Prepared. What Are Your Plans ?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Life has been very hard lately; I really don"t "love" anything or anyone, and yet I live in a good situation that I would hate to lose, and I WILL if I continue to drink.

My bf is very supportive, but at the end of his rope. Right now I have a breathalyzer in the car (thank goodness), and he has one at home (for random testing). Very demeaning, but if it helps me stay sober then so be it, one day at a time. I DO love AA and go every day...part of the reason, I think, that I have been unable to stay sober is that I do not in any way look like an alcoholic.

Sometimes I think I am just so bored. All it took today was for the bf to leave, come running back in because he left the key to the safe (where he keeps his scotch). Now there is a second key but it has been hidden too. That was all it took for me to run to the store and buy some Vodka, knowing full well that if he decided to "test" me it wouldn't read 0. It takes some 6+ hours to metabolize 1 drink....