Notices

SUPPORT FOR ALL (no month required)

Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

(Hi, EW, I did exactly the same thing. See you in the June group!)

Love the idea. I was/am sufficiently annoyed with myself for falling off the April date that it's nice to have a place where group appropriateness isn't even in the back of my mind. Great move, Pamel!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am hoping to join the June group also. We will see. Not to day one yet
Old 06-13-2013, 09:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Stayed sober for day 3. Usually, it's hard for me to not drink when I don't have to work the next day, (I never drink on nights I work the next morning) but I planned it out all day and stayed focused. I typically like to go to the mall and do some shopping every now and then. So I decided to get some Starbucks and take the money I would have spent on booze and bad late night eating and buy myself some feel good stuff, new body lotions, etc. I feel really good right now. Watching intervention and being thankful for a sober day although my anxiety was horrid this morning, it's getting better. Headaches and body aches starting to subside as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes to all you guys starting, or starting again
The key is change I think - making different decisions.

It really can be done

D
Old 06-13-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Different decisions like, don't use:

Gotcha!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Indenial618 View Post
Stayed sober for day 3. Usually, it's hard for me to not drink when I don't have to work the next day, (I never drink on nights I work the next morning) but I planned it out all day and stayed focused. I typically like to go to the mall and do some shopping every now and then. So I decided to get some Starbucks and take the money I would have spent on booze and bad late night eating and buy myself some feel good stuff, new body lotions, etc. I feel really good right now. Watching intervention and being thankful for a sober day although my anxiety was horrid this morning, it's getting better. Headaches and body aches starting to subside as well.
Great work! How nice to have some nice new stuff for yourself!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Off for a 3 day sail; hope I don't fall overboard (either way). At least my friend is sober...well...so am I today!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

No package date, no expiration date, and most definitely no bottled on date!

Good Morning Sobrinators! I slept like a log last night. I was a little surprised since my AV was all up in my jib for a good part of the day yesterday. Coming at me from multiple angles, but I pushed through.

It's looking like a beautiful day. I'm taking it off work and hope to get tons of stuff done outside. Hope it's beautiful where you live.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi all, hoping for a sober weekend . I need to tame that stinkin AV. Today i will......

Mlc : Nice change for you (( huggs ))
Old 06-14-2013, 05:03 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Miserable day, choppy seas (which I like) so I should be sober today. Can't drink in these conditions!!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am going to join you all. I've joined a the monthly threads on more than one occasion. I had a particularly nasty binge and decided that I needed help. I was in rehab for 14 days and am now going to IOP 3x/week as well as meetings. Also decided to take Antabuse as backup.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

HappyFeet, I went to rehab for 2 weeks, then IOP for 4 weeks (group therapy) 3 hours 3 times a week, and now I go to continuing care (also group) for once a week. I love it!! Best thing I ever did for myself! I needed those two weeks of focus to stop running like a drunken gerbil, then the follow-up to really get honest with a group of people.

Plus I go to AA. Addiction is not going to steal any more of what is left of my life!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Welcome Happyfeet , good that you joined , reaching out is key. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did , spending it with my daughter , her friend and two wonderful grandchildren . Asking for prayers for my mom who is struggling with age.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Prayers for your MOM going out trickyricky.

Long weekend (sailing venture with lots of boats and drinking). My husband asked me if that bothered me and I had no trouble telling him truthfully that I didn't even think about it. Something has changed....
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Pamel...I am across the bridge from you!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Hey Allie.. This craziness is some kind of lesson... I almost feel homeless. June forever! I like it here too. Hey Nonsesnse! I'm just trying to avoid a "Canned on Date".
Old 06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I am back from a few weeks of having let myself go...drinking just as much as I could while barely maintaining. No crash and burn, but running right on the edge. I can truly say IT SUCKS! I had a good run staying sober, and I can see now that IT WAS GREAT. I have some really difficult issues I am dealing with now in my life, and drinking has only been making it more difficult to get through it. The really stupid thing is that I was doing my best to convince myself that drinking was helping me 'cope'. How stupid that is.
Now...I have to start over AGAIN...and this seems like a good place to do it. I will post again in the morning.
Also, I am back to regular meetings and working with my sponsor. Also, I realize that 'I' chose to go back to drinking and 'I' am choosing to stay Sober.
Thank You Sober Recovery for being here.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Good for coming back RDB Sorry for your slip, you know what needs to be done here. Stay close to SR and away from that slippery slope
Old 06-19-2013, 04:23 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, I am posting this at 7:20 AM Georgia USA time. I feel very good about starting over on Day One. I am a little sick inside, but that will pass, now that I have snapped out of my self-imposed insanity. It feels really good to be back to committed sobriety.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Good Morning Sobrietists. Big day today. Getting the A/C in my home replaced. Taking Mrs. Non to the doctor to find out what it will take to mend her busted feets, and having a tree-trimming service this afternoon.

Apparently my trees are dangling over my neighbor's fence. Ordinarily I would just tell him to cut them back himself, but he tricked me. He sent his pretty blonde wife over to bat her baby blues at me and ask me to do it, and I said, "D'uhhhhhh.......Okay..."

I'm such a sucker.

But happy to be a SOBER sucker today.