Notices

SUPPORT FOR ALL (no month required)

Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've joined a few monthly groups myself, and end up feeling like I don't belong if I slip. No one made me feel that way but myself though I hate my relapses- and I have had many- but not giving up on believing that THIS TIME it will stick. Thanks for reminding me that I"m not alone.....
Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I can relate, I joined a couple of previous months and then felt like a reject because I slipped. No one made me feel that way, I just did. I just feel like when I drink I'm not just letting myself down, but also those that reached out for help. It's great to know this is such a supportive place.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you for the warm welcome Pamel! Day 2 for me I was originally on SR back in 2005 to about 2008. Left for a long while. Popped in to see what was going on every once in awhile. Now back under a different name. Things have really changed around here. Glad to be back.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Cool idea Pamel! I actually haven't joined any of the monthly threads yet, and my sober date was in January. I think maybe the fact of me just joining SR and admitting I had a problem to others was my my proverbial sticking my toe in the water. (Baby steps.) Thanks for adding another wonderful, welcoming support thread. I just love this place more every day.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Last night, after 15 days sober, I really had strong urges to have a "few" beers. Of course, having a "few" would be fine if I could actual just drink 3 or 4 beers and stop, but I can't.

I didn't give in; I kept reminding myself how bad I would feel this morning--the hangover, the regrets, the deep depression that I experience after drinking alcohol. So I stayed sober, and enjoyed waking up without a hangover and with no regrets for what I did last night.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Jumping in 4 days clean . This is the day my anxiety goes thru the roof. Its not helping that I , l am having a very stressful day at work. I like Pamel stretch my sobriety thru months , starting over, not fitting in any one month Till I hit a solid date I just post in open forum , but lets see how this goes
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome trikyriky. 4 days clean is an eternity; good for you!!

For me today, life is sad. I found a baby rabbit yesterday, nursed it all day, called the vet, who said: "Put it back where you found it; the mother will come looking for it."

Just found it dead in the yard. Poor thing was so soothed as I stroked it yesterday. Cried when I left it where I found it. F***ing VET!!!! Life s***s. I hate myself for not following my instincts.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Awe , You gave it your best. I don't want you should feel badly. Life's gonna happen , so quickly .

(( huggs ))
Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

April, May, June... Failed them all. I'm still here though and working through it.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

trickyricky, thank you for that message; it helped. All I could think of all evening was that poor little life out there all alone, and I did it. Another failure at taking care of living things.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Hi.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just dropping by to say hi

Originally Posted by Murchovski View Post
Keep coming back!
And also...
Keep moving forward!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I chuckled when i read the comment " the retread thread"...
I don't count anymore, for some reason it gives my anxiety, so i am just a nondrinker....
But i polished off an entire bottle last night...
Of fresh homemade SELTZER, with shots of pink grapefruit mixed in.....
I love the soda stream thingie...superior taste compared to the store stuff i used drag home
I look forward to guzzling another bottle tonight....lol.
Great thread pamel...
Hope everyone has a great day...pulling for you ricky! Breathe.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hi Zen , how are things ? Good I hope. I am 5 days clean but under some stress at work. Well I know stress is a trigger for me . I Won't screw up again . I will not.

Pamel , I am with you on the caring for animals , you have a big heart. Have a better day
Old 06-13-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

This is a fabulous idea, Pamel. Not that the month group threads aren't nice. But, I too, have been in and out of many months, and it became hard to keep track of every one. So, here I will pop in from time to time, and hope others will do the same.
I'm officially on day 2 - it's going to be a true test this weekend.

Some on this thread may be aware that I have a weekend at Nascar ahead of me. And racing is truly something I've loved since I was a child. With three older brothers, its was a given. My husband and I plan this weekend months in advance - renewing in February for three nights of camping and the race on Sunday. There's always drinking. The group we are with, are "nice" drinkers, if you know what I mean. No one is falling over drunk, no one is getting sick. They are truly having a good time and enjoying a sport where we sit on our butts and watch cars go fast in an oval for 2-3 hours (I know....but, until you go in person, some people just think we're crazy). Well...I decided to quit this week, and some have said to not go. But, this is a true pleasure for me. So, I've made the decision to go, enjoy myself and pray for strength. Making a list of why I shouldn't drink and putting it in my pocket to remind me when I feel weak, is a great idea that Juststopit recommended. So, I'm making that list today, and will have it in my pocket all weekend. I'm not worried about the group I'm with asking questions, because they are good people, and I love them like family. I told my husband last night that I was not drinking. Whether he decides to drink or not is his choice. I know in the long run, I have his support, and he will join in with me. But, right now, I can't worry about what he is doing, I have to make sure I focus on the task at hand. Enjoy the weekend, enjoy the friendship, enjoy the race, and enjoy being sober.

Good Morning everyone! Nice to wake with a clear mind.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Marjoram , Thanks for posting. Nascar is a favorite of mine , I'm a little jealous. Hey have a good time .GO Jr. 88
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Me too. I was apart of several different months but then... oops... I wasn't anymore Grrrr! So I am happy to be a part of this thread, thanks for starting it Pamel!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Majoram and Soulkat

Very glad you have joined our (disbanded) band!

Re: baby squirrel. Thanks trickyricky for your kind support; I am going to give the little fella a decent burial along with all my birthday cards (today is it). I also realized I was throwing a lot of "poor me" into this. We do the best that we can do.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

good for 5 days

Hi All , I Had A Horrible Day At Work.But Am.now Relaxing Reading On SR .Getting Ready For What I Hope Is A Good Nights Sleep . Night all
Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Oh man.. Its all good. I just technically moved from the April to June group. I'm just trying to not let it effect me in a negative way. So I really belong here too
"Disbanded Band".... Love it.