Notices

wheres starting line?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wheres starting line?

Hi all
I was trying to get info on what to do next..I have decided I have a problem .its so obvious to everyone else.lol
Im broke .what are options do try detox ? what does that in tail?
I gotta do something .I been doing this for 35 years ..it just aint working .any help is appreciated.
thank you
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome rcro50. I'd say you made your first step to sobriety simply posting here. Not certain about what detox options are available in your area but someone will be along soon with further insight. I just wanted to congratulate you on your first step!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome RCRO and congrats on realizing your problem and wanting to do something about it. Do you live in a remote area or a city/town of any size? Most municipalities have a pretty wide array of treatment options from full inpatient detox and rehab to outpatient detox and counseling. Your local phonebook probably has a hotline you can call to find out what is available.

SR is a great place for support as well, i'd recommend readling a lot here in the newcomers section and also posting if you have any other questions or just want to share. Most of us have been exactly where you are now, and it does get better - you have made a great choice.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations for going in a positive direction. Being honest and recognizing you have a problem is a very good first step. The next step is simple but for many not easy, Under no circumstances pick up a single drink of any type of alcohol. For help I needed to get involved in AA many years ago and it works IF we work it. Notice I used the word work.
BE WELL
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Perhaps google your town and "detox" to see what facilities there are.