Notices

I will not give up

Old 06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

SR keeps me motivated because I do not want to let people down. I feel good posting my progress. I only have 13 days but I already feel confident in my ability to grow a little every day. We can do this! Have a great day.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Acheleus and everyone else who has responded to my post today....you are motivation. And Acheleus, you are right, I don't want to let people down either. Congrats on your 13 days. Thank you for everyone's kind words and suggestions. I'm smiling at that stupid empty bottle that has taken away so much of my potential happiness in life.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

And SoberJennie - I believe I read in one of your posts that you are at day 70? That's wonderful. Keep up the great work. You inspire me and many others with your success!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
And SoberJennie - I believe I read in one of your posts that you are at day 70? That's wonderful. Keep up the great work. You inspire me and many others with your success!
Yes, 70 days. Glad I can be a bit of inspiration. And it's not my first time around the block
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I had whiskey left the day I decided it was over. I made one last drink and dumped the rest down the drain. I know from quitting smoking that the thought of not getting a proper send off sometimes will consume me.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
I just dumped out a bottle of whiskey that was 90% full. My favorite, Crown Royale. And I'm sitting here staring at that empty bottle, and realizing there is a Beast in me that is shocked at what I just did. I will keep that empty bottle out today to remind me that I can beat this. That I have to not allow myself to fall into the same trap I did yesterday.

I have a number of books from my last time around, and will begin reading. I've ordered a book on AVRT, as I know AA is just not for me. And it has nothing to do with religion, as I come from a Christian family. My plan is to dive into that with both feet.

So with broken wings, I'm hoping to tape them back together, and begin my flight.
The AVRT book is a great 'users manual'.

I found that 95% of the long struggle with addiction was behind me once I learned AVRT and used it. I also found that my recovery was refreshingly short relatively speaking. The Secular Connections forum has threads with various levels of focus on AVRT that can be useful.

Here's an example. That bottle is ITS favorite, no longer your favorite.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Marjoram - welcome back and you are met here with open arms. It takes guts and courage to be honest with yourself and I'm proud of you for doing it. It was when I stopped lying to my reflection that I was able to get sober. I pray it is for life. I hope this time is for you too!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Marjoram, I'm so excited. I've been waiting to see a post from you announcing your return. I knew it would come. Welcome back

AVRT is excellent. I didn't even read the whole book or do much with the whole program. Just a few sentences seemed to make all the difference for me and helped me to turn things around. I liked concepts of urge surfing too-very helpful!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thank you Freefall & Iwillwin.....hard to believe I joined in March 2012....sure has been a roller coaster ride. But, glad to be back.
Gerandtwine - thank you for your input on AVRT. And for all who have suggestions. I have open ears and an open mind. But, want to try the options and see what gives me the most amount of strength to tackle this.
Feels good to finish off my day with a clear mind.