Notices

My story .. Could use help..

Old 06-10-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My story .. Could use help..

This is my first post here and I'm not too sure what to say but here it goes
To everyone that may read this my name is nick and I could really use some help right now. To put my story into a quick paragraph so you may understand my situation better I am 22. I started using at 19. I began with just Percocet ( 30mg) and stayed on that path for about a year until money started getting tight and I got clean on my own using suboxone only took a week and I was fine after. Unfortunately due to a dear friend of mine committing suicide I relapsed instead of being strong. Eventually I turned to heroine because it was a much cheaper and similar high I used that for roughly 6
Months until I decided enough was a enough and I was better than how I was treating myself. About 8 months ago I turned my life around and started getting clean again by using suboxone. Unfortunately because of my insurance I've had to resort to getting mine on the street and I'm truly sick of it. I just want to be normal again like all my friends and wake up and live each day not needing something to carry on. I take 1 8mg strip throughout a course of a day.

I guess the reason for this post is asking for someone's help as to get off them and not need anything anymore. I'm truley afraid I may be on these for life and it scares me to death. If anyone has done this path on their own without going to a true detox please let me know how you did it. I just want to live my life like everyone else and put all this behind me.

Thank you for reading and any piece of advice will help me...
Old 06-10-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I don't know anything about suboxone but we have a forum just for that. Why don't you post your questions there for more insight from others in your position.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR Nick. I'm glad you found us.

I don't have experience with suboxone but lots of folks here do. Check out the link that least shared with you.

Keep posting .... lots of great people here to offer support.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey nick, I'm new to this site too. Your young enough to get out of this cycle that affects all us addicts. Won't be easy but I think the fact you're here at your age is a good thing. Kids seem to get in over their heads earlier these days. Broad sweeping generalization I know but nows a really good time to make some well informed decisions. You might not get it right for a while but I would encourage you to start the road to being drug and alcohol free now. Like addiction to ciggarettes it only gets harder the older you get. I found suboxone a really good opiate stop all. Get down to 2mgs as fast as u can. It's enough. Then with the opiates taken care of work on why you need intoxication. I had a ex GF try and commit suicide before and it's hell. Make sure you try to make positive step after positive step. Sounds stupid but its the only way. Define your expectations.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Changedlife...thanks for your post. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you recover with support of others...you will be helping them also!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your thoughts... Since posting this I've dropped down to about 2 to 4 mg a day. I still feel some withdraw but I am fighting through it and not taking any until I absolutely have to.

Like someone said before I guess it is easier when your at my age. I am hoping to put all this behind me within the next few months.

Thank you everyone for the support where my town is full of pill poppers and heroin addicts especially the ones around my age. So it's hard to find a y kne to support me and have been doing this all on my own. It's a struggle I hope
Others won't have to go through so having people just show they care means more than any of you may imagine.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChangedLife View Post
Thank you everyone for your thoughts... Since posting this I've dropped down to about 2 to 4 mg a day. I still feel some withdraw but I am fighting through it and not taking any until I absolutely have to.

Like someone said before I guess it is easier when your at my age. I am hoping to put all this behind me within the next few months.

Thank you everyone for the support where my town is full of pill poppers and heroin addicts especially the ones around my age. So it's hard to find a y kne to support me and have been doing this all on my own. It's a struggle I hope
Others won't have to go through so having people just show they care means more than any of you may imagine.

I don't know where you live...but if there are a lot of pill poppers...trust me there are a lot recovering pill poppers! Give your area Narcotics Anonymous hotline a call...at least to talk with an NA member.

I volunteer for a hotline that is mostly quiet the night I'm on...and would love to talk with someone seeking help.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Surprised to hear that it's usually quite