Notices

A close call.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I can relate to the sneakiness thing. Until of course it came crashing down a number of times. I think that aspect of being a drunk bleeds into so many other aspects of my life - there's a feeling of deceit that covers everything. I heard someone once say that they lived, as a drunk, under the cloud of this feeling of finally getting found out. That it was a general, unspecific feeling -not as if they were really not paying their taxes and were finally going to get a knock on the door. It was more a metaphysical deceit, a lying to themselves deceit that permeated their whole lives. And damn can I relate.

Good luck tonight brother!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
I can relate to the sneakiness thing. Until of course it came crashing down a number of times. I think that aspect of being a drunk bleeds into so many other aspects of my life - there's a feeling of deceit that covers everything. I heard someone once say that they lived, as a drunk, under the cloud of this feeling of finally getting found out. That it was a general, unspecific feeling -not as if they were really not paying their taxes and were finally going to get a knock on the door. It was more a metaphysical deceit, a lying to themselves deceit that permeated their whole lives. And damn can I relate.

Good luck tonight brother!
Thanks for your good wishes tonight, appreciate it. Hope to be there if you ever need a friend,

Sneeker.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Breaking Thru

Hey Sneeker , Howdy from the USA . I googled Cardiff , quite a picturesque place to live. Anyway rootin for ya. No wife to speak of , i could use any time and no one would know except , yes i would know. I'm fighting some pretty huge cravings tonight and my AV is already planning for tomorrow , payday
I'll be here or at an NA meeting , darn tootin , ive got to make a plan before he does.

Mizzuno : i looked for your thread March 11 , it's not there. Your only aloud 500 , i think. Good day or night , depends
Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I think it's when we can drink or smoke and no one would ever know and we still make the choice not to that you know YOU really are in charge, YOU are making the choice, and it feels really great. Something to be proud of.

I can relate to the sneaking and rebellious stuff too. I was just thinking about that last night. I drove to the beach at night and was so restless and bored. I was by myself and instead of it being calming it made me feel old, and boring. I wanted to be laughing and drinking with friends, avoiding responsibility, and avoiding reality with a vengeance. It didn't make me fall off the wagon though. I just realized I need to make some changes so it's not all about being responsible and thinking about addictions all the time.

We'll have to find new ways to rebel without involving booze or drugs. It sounds like you're doing very well in the face of temptation. Don't make your wife be the drinking police. You can stop whether she's around or not. If the kids drive you crazy make lots of forts lol
Old 06-14-2013, 12:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Sneeker, you mentioned AV or alcoholic voice. This term was coined by the Rational Recovery folks when AVRT was developed. You can find out more about AVRT by going to the Rational Recovery website.

This might help too.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ined-long.html
Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CONGRATLATIONS! Now do yourself a favor. Get rid of all that booze in the cupboard. Don't try to pour it down the drain because then you'll smell the stuff. Just put the bottles in a garbage bag and throw it outside in the trash. And make sure there's plenty of cold ice tea, juice, lemonade, etc. to drink in the frig. If the kids drive you bonkers why not get some temporary help? Make sure your doctor knows you're under stress. Get help from other folks who want to quit drinking. Circle the wagons and good luck. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

W.