Notices

Can't give up.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can't give up.

I am a failure again. Did nine days sober and then went back to drinking. Nothing particularly terrible has happened I am just ashamed. I live alone so can hide my problems pretty easily. But I see another chance to line up sober days.

Day 1,2,3 home getting ready for vacation-going with a non-drinker. Then 6 days with her. I hope I don't go through too much withdrawal pain. I hope to feel better when I get on that plane to sunny California.

In the past I feel I have done better jumping into a brand new environment and this can jump start a longer stretch of sobriety. Keep me in you thoughts.

Today is day 1 all over again.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome back to SR.
You're not a failure so long as you're still struggling against the addiction.
Enjoy your vacation!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've failed many, many times. Heck, I joined here over five and a half years ago, and have two and half years sober.
Just pick yourself up, forget about the slip, and start over. Sometimes it takes some longer than others. It sure took me awhile.

Best to you, and remember you can do it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This thread is exactly what I needed to hear 2day. I just responded 2 a post about how I feel like a failure, because I came on here in december of last year. And I've failed so many times. I'm hoping and planning on getting it right eventually. Giving up is not an option I want. We can do this.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too failed many times before I finally 'got it right'. Keep trying and never give up!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Feel like a failure here too. I joined in February and haven't managed to get sober yet. Day 1 here. I wish I could go to rehab, but I cant. Thank you for posting because it lets me know I'm not the only one struggling.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi

After reading your post I was wondering if you had a plan aside from being with a friend who does not drink. I would recommend that you read this excellent post by Grungehead http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...have-plan.html
Most alcoholics have said at one point or another (some many times) ok this is it I quit and in general it does not work. Find a method of recovery, formulate a plan and stick to it and of course don't drink and use no matter what.
Also if you want some daily support and accountability you are more than welcome to join us in the 24hrs club.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...s-club-25.html
Anyway, I hope you enjoy your vacation.
Hang in there Becoming and Mirage, you are NOT failures. We can do it
Old 06-10-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will get today done. I will have 72 hours sober before I get on the plane. Hopefully not much withdrawal. Then the six days with a sober traveler-which I know I can do. She is my sister and don't want to discuss my problems with her. When I return, I will have to have a plan. I am going to go back to a counselor. I have some underlying problems of course that need to be addressed. It has now been 24 hours since last drink and I don't feel too bad, just a little edgy.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No failures here. Failures stop posting and give up. I'm glad you're back on track and planning how to stay there. Have a great time in beautiful Cali.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

36 hours coming up. Slept a little better-only 3 wake ups with the sweaty face and trip to the bathroom. Better than 6 times the night before!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
instant

I found a daily fose of SR works wonders. Its a good maintainence treatment as well.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
No failures here. Failures stop posting and give up. I'm glad you're back on track and planning how to stay there. Have a great time in beautiful Cali.
This is the truth.....I've been here since March 2012....and I have not given up. Failure is a bad term if you continue to try. It's figuring out what you can do to not allow it to happen again. Learning from mistakes. I've been divorced, and I considered myself a failure at that time. But, instead I took what I learned from it and chose to make improvements in my life and in my current relationship (which I've been in for nearly 17 years, 13 of those married), and realized, I did not fail, so much as I made mistakes.

Everyone has to learn from their mistakes, and move on and don't look back. I hope I can do as I say!!!