Notices

Day 1 again and exhausted

Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Panda I don't have any hobbies YET either. Drinking was my damn hobby. I have spent most of this week just going to work and lying around lethargic and tired...watching tv and posting/reading here on SR. I am not going to AA either and quite frankly don't want to..BUT it's an option if I'm going out of my mind and want a distraction one night ..check out the "theatre of the living"..(joke). I feel better about me though..cuz I'm trying to change instead of spinning my wheels in the same damn booze rut..wah wahing and feeling sorry for myself because life is crappy and lonely.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Boredom isn't your problem Kza, addiction is.

I don't know anyone who has quit who hasn't had to put a lot of effort into it. That can cover your boredom for now. Either start reading literature on addiction, or get yourself to an addiction agency who can help you and commit to going. We all have to do things we don't want to do sometimes. Living in the UK you have a load of free services that are available for you to use. It seems daft sitting there saying you don't want to go to AA when there are plenty of alternatives on your doorstep.

Don't you think you have tried this on your own for long enough now?