Notices

I really don't know

Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really don't know

I haven't been on this site in a very long time. I quit using drugs for the most part in Sept 2012. I stopped drinking at the end of January, but have probably drank about 6 times since then... A couple times just a beer, and then the rest drinking til blackout. Last night I went out and drank a lot.

Today I just feel hopeless. I feel sad, inadequate, and alone. I hurt. And I don't know why. I just want it to go away. Maybe I sound dramatic and emotional, but I don't think I am being that way. I just feel this overwhelming pain all the way through to my core.

I don't know why. I don't know if it's because I drank. I don't know if I should stop and try to be completely sober. I don't know if that's something I'm even actually capable of, because it doesn't seem like I am. I just don't want to feel this way anymore. It makes me want to use. I'm doing everything I can to hang on right now.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I always felt dramatic & emotional after binge drinking. Really messed w me mentally & physically. What's the longest you've ever lived100% sober? Have you given it a real shot?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's good that you are posting how you feel. I can really empathise and feel quite the same. It's awful....but not as awful as if we were to keep using.

Hang in there and keep talking about it. It helps even if just a little xo
Old 06-09-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Eureka

I really wanted all to just go away too - but it never works like that.
It takes change it takes plans and it take commitment, I think.

You're not hopeless.
The solution is actually quite simple - stop drinking - but it's not easy...it asks a lot.

We know that - and you're not alone.

Think about what else you could do to stay sober - then think about what you're prepared to do...whatever is left is what you should do right now.

why not give it a go?
D
Old 06-09-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Alcohol is a depressant. And you sound pretty depressed. If you stop drinking chances are the depression will lift. Whether this experience has been sufficient to convince you to give it up entirely is up to you.

W.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I have tried to live 100% sober and the longest I've ever made it is about 35 days. Not very good.

Hi Dee. I remember you being here last time I used the SR forums... It's nice to see you're still around.

I'm going to give it another go. 100% sober.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! Glad you're giving it another try.