SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   The sadness of it all (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/297288-sadness-all.html)

Jax67 06-09-2013 02:37 PM

The sadness of it all

Hi All,

Never thought I would be registering to join a group such as this one. I feel so alone with so many emotions bottled up I just need to talk but there are so many things to get out i don't know where to start! I guess all I will say right now is my 26 year old daughter is an addict a beautiful girl who had it all gave it all away for drugs. The sadness of it all overwhelms me much of the time and I think insanity is trying to set in.

doggonecarl 06-09-2013 02:46 PM

So sorry for what brings you here. I know when my dad discovered my drug use, he was heartsick. I feel blessed I was able to turn my life around. Hope your daughter finds within herself the strength to recover.

Pondlady 06-09-2013 02:48 PM

Welcome Jax67. I am very sorry about your daughter. We have a friends and family thread, you also may find helpful. You'll find plenty of support here.

mecanix 06-09-2013 02:49 PM

Hey Jax ,
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter thats a real tough thing to deal with . You sound like a real careing mum :)

Just incase you haven't looked around much here are some links to the friends and family sections where there are people going through something similar to you :-

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Bestwishes to you and i'll say a prayer for your daughter , M

Dee74 06-09-2013 03:17 PM

Welcome Jax - I',m sorry for your situation but I'm glad you found us.
There's a ton of support here :)

D

Carrots 06-09-2013 03:41 PM

Hi Jax. I'm in the same boat. Beautiful talented wonderful girl who's losing it all to drugs. Mine is 18. I know your sadness and desperation all too well. Hugs.

Hevyn 06-09-2013 03:44 PM

I'm so sorry for what you're going through, Jax and Carrots. Please know that you are never alone. Many here are trying to cope with the same thing - I hope you'll find comfort in knowing you're among friends who truly understand.

least 06-09-2013 03:48 PM

:welcome I'm glad you found us but sorry for the circumstances that brought you here. :hug:

Nighthawk8820 06-09-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jax67 (Post 4007179)
Hi All,

Never thought I would be registering to join a group such as this one. I feel so alone with so many emotions bottled up I just need to talk but there are so many things to get out i don't know where to start! I guess all I will say right now is my 26 year old daughter is an addict a beautiful girl who had it all gave it all away for drugs. The sadness of it all overwhelms me much of the time and I think insanity is trying to set in.

The good news is that if you are worried about going insane, you most likely arent. Insane people dont know they are insane, thus the craziness of it all.

BabyJane 06-09-2013 05:19 PM

My father is an alcoholic and an addict. He is also this truly amazing, funny, smart man and used to be my best friend. I miss him. Watching him walk away from everyone and toward his final end with this addiction has been really painful. I know how you feel. I want him back. I've tried so hard to love him into recovery. It doesn't work. He is not ready. So I had to give him to God and hope God is out there and will take care of him. I will pray for your daughter too. Hugs