Notices

You guys are pretty awesome

Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You guys are pretty awesome

To the veterans and the more experienced recoverites (my word), I've got to give you my props. I've been here less than a week and I have seen at least 20 threads with people asking if they can moderate. Some of them are bizarre and some of them clearly have serious problems. However, no matter what, y'all keep putting up with them...ever forgiving and ready to listen to the nonsense and dillusion, only to welcome them if and when they return.

I to a lesser degree tried to fight the truth, but y'all were still there when I made the decision.

I got back from mass a few minutes ago...gonna take a nap and then head to the Unitarian Church for some meditation and Buddhist discussion ( I've checked and this is fine with Catholicism). I'm just trying to develop a more centered life and more mindful existence that Catholicism doesn't seem to offer by itself.

Y'all are all good people and I thank The Lord for directing me your way.

BTW on other threads I had questioned whether I could forestall telling my wife about quitting. Last night I had bought her six pack of nasty assed ultra light (which takes her a week to finish...lucky nonalcoholic). When she saw I didn't buy mine she asked. I acted and told her "oh ****! I forgot.' She said 'yeah right'. I think she is picking up on it on her own. Last night was nice because we laid in bed and talked and I gave her some nice back scratches.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talking

I can't edit my post anymore...hopefully y'all didn't get the wrong idea about the back scratches...not that type! Just caressed her while we talked.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Crossfitdad View Post
..ever forgiving and ready to listen to the nonsense and dillusion,
There's someone here named Dillusional?

I agree, though. There are many fantastic people here. Awesomeness.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nonsensical: I caught that when I was reading it over. I couldn't edit my post!! You have no idea how much I care about grammar and spelling. As a transactional attorney, that is a huge focus of mine. I proof and proof. Haha! Delusional.