Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

1 week sober!! and mangaed to go to the pub with my friends on soft drinks :P

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just as it says above. 1 whole week. never thought i could have done. also had my first night out with friends in the out with soft drinks.. did take me nearly 15 mins to choose a oft drink though, not used to them. sorry if im posting everyday as well, hope its not getting annoying x
Old 06-09-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that's brilliant, well done and you keep posting if sr give you the strenght to get through a night at the pub with friends on soft drinks.

I'm so pleased for you
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done
Old 06-09-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Twoworlds12345 View Post
just as it says above. 1 whole week. never thought i could have done. also had my first night out with friends in the out with soft drinks.. did take me nearly 15 mins to choose a oft drink though, not used to them. sorry if im posting everyday as well, hope its not getting annoying x
You post as many times as you need to. That is what this forum is for, so never worry about how many times you post. Congrats on sticking to soda and your 1 week of sobriety. I think it may be too soon for you to be in pubs though. Your too fragile at this stage, so its best to find other activities and groups of people right now. You cant simply remove alcohol from your life, but keep everything else the same, and expect good results (at least in my experience). You need to stay away from those places, at least for a few months at the very least. Many blessings my friend, I am glad you are here.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Congrats on a night at the pub sober. One of my best friends owns a bar. I went there on Day 13, in part to test myself, and I had no problem enjoying the night sober. That was nearly 4 years ago and I'm still sober. I don't go there nearly as much as when I was drinking, but it's nice to know that I can go there if I choose and it's not a big deal. Just my experience, yours may vary.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Twoworlds,

Either way its a "choice"

Love,

CS
Old 06-09-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulation Twoworlds, one week in and keeping strong!

I've been the pub a couple of times in the last week as well (it's my first week also), but only because I had band practice and a gig. I wouldn't trust myself to spend a whole night at the bar with soft drinks just yet though. Last year I abstained for a couple of weeks on two occasions, but didn't change anything else. Still went to the pub and I thought I'd be able to make the change through willpower....I was wrong. Now I'm taking a different approach.

Anyway, keep up the good work, and don't pick up that first drink! That way you can't pick up your 10th.....
Old 06-09-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you guys i found it a lot easier than i thought it was going to be, i cant fully stay away from the pubs as i am a barmaid by trade. but even working with alcohol is not bothering me as much as i thought. its so nice to be able to have support from everyone on this site. so glad i found it
Old 06-09-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats Twoworlds! I'm a week sober today myself. I too want to live my life sober and it not be a big deal to be around alcohol/or pubs etc. I too work in the hospitality industry and you have to be around it..so gaining sobriety muscle is vital. Well done!