Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm new here. I started this road in 2006, and had over two years sober. I relapsed in 2009 and since then I have put together two to three months of sobriety, but can't seem to hold it together. I've also suffered from depression, so obviously I'm a laugh a minute. It's day one for me again. I've recently had two sober months but been drinking for the laat week. This last week I've been investigating zen, and I'm looking forward to reading it sober.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Welcome Yaga! You can do this!

I have been reading, albeit very slowly, One Breathe at a Time by Kevin Griffin. Interesting read. What is your recovery plan?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a new day and that means a fresh start. I am impressed with the long-term sobriety that you have done in the past and just think that with depression (I have it) that maybe you ought to look into therapy to find out what makes you go back to alcohol.

I am new to recovery and considering this myself. I want to know why I became a raging alcoholic (I already know most of it), but also how I can control it and not fall off the wagon.

Best wishes and keep posting.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome yaga

D
Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the site! You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks, all. In answer to your question, my recovery plan is evolving. I was previously following a programme which really hasn't been working for me (as I keep going back to alcohol). I know we're not supposed to discuss different recovery groups here, so I won't go into detail. I'm going to ask about therapy at the doctor's next week, and plan to read in the mornings before work, go back to running when I'm well enough and try to pluck up courage to go to a face to face meeting, which I've never done.