Notices

Husband becoming annoyed with my SRing

Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know if hubby resents it....still early and he us just so tickled pink I am sober that I don't think he minds. I have caught him trying to peek at my phone as it was sitting on the table between us, but I just hit the button to clear the screen.

I have told him in general what it is, and that it us helping me, so he seems okay with it.

That being said, he acts as though I am "cured" now, so may get annoyed with me continuing on here. He doesn't get the daily struggles and emotions involved like we all do.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well I just asked my husband about it. He doesn't mind at all. He spends a lot of time on Facebook, so I guess that we are balanced in that respect.

He was never a heavy drinker, but told me last night that he plans to not drink anymore either.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:08 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Well I've made it through 2 months no drinking going strong, not looking back. Now here's my problem my husband is irritated with me being on SR(he doesn't know what site I'm using though) whenever I have free time I'm on here keeps me in check and motivated. I don't do AA and have very little free or me time (MOM)!

He kind of be littles it and was like why are you always reading on your phone?
He was really pissed the other night that I hid my phone when I put the kids to bed. I assured him I wasn't hiding anything it's just that I feel I can be open and honest here. I wouldn't want him reading things I've written. Is that wrong? Quite frankly I feel entitled to keep this place as a me only zone. Im frustrated because SR is working for me but also pissing off my hubby! i really wouldnt feel comfortable with him accessing my account. Am I wrong? Do those of you who are married share this with your spouse?

No, whatever it takes to get and stay sober is okay in my book. Everyone needs something that is just theirs, even if they are married, committed, or whatever. We all need our own little thing so we dont lose ourselves completely in our relationships. I dont think its any of his business and I would hope he would be more supportive that you are trying to make such a big, positive change. I will say, sometimes its shocking that the one person you expected to understand what you are trying to do, is the one who ends up feeling the most threatened when things change. hang in there, dont feel bad about keeping this to yourself, if that is how you feel like you need it to be.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

One day my wife saw that I was reading SR and got very upset. I could not imagine why. Turns out she thought it was a sign of desperation (i.e., if you're on such a site then you must be right on the verge of drinking again).... I had to explain that SR is actually more like the foundation of my stable sobriety. She understood and all was cool.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Anna and Dee thanks always great advise! It's funny I always think of you two like the principal and vice principal. Hearing your married and have done of the same everyday struggles is like running into your teacher at the grocery store!
Lol
Old 06-07-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

My wife doesn't resent the time I spend here. She knows this place isn't like some of the sites I'd go to when drunk. She spends a lot of time reading or browsing her web sites, and I really don't care what the books or web sites are about. Because I am a slow typist sometimes she will type a SR post for me.