Notices

60 days and i wanna quit....

Old 06-07-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Legend why punish "yourself" if others **** you off. Makes no sense. I wish I had some great wisdom. I don't. It's hard to see someone hurting...and talking about 'throwing in the towel"..in more ways than one. Get through today. Get through today. Get through today....
Old 06-07-2013, 08:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

i can say this, anger is a great motivator, it helps me see people for who they really are. it helps me make the right decisions for myself and not the bad ones. i have made phone calls to places to see what they can do. i am taking the steps to get away from here, and anger is helping me do that.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Legend40 View Post
i can say this, anger is a great motivator, it helps me see people for who they really are. it helps me make the right decisions for myself and not the bad ones. i have made phone calls to places to see what they can do. i am taking the steps to get away from here, and anger is helping me do that.
This is exactly what you need to do Legend. Use the energy you have to make the right decisions for you and your sobriety. You will go far if you keep at it...and you can do this!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Legend40 View Post
i dont think so, i have been stuck in this environment for years and i cant get out. no organization will help me get away from this, its like i dont matter at all

That is no way to think. Try and remember that when you are in the early stages of withdrawal, and your brain and body are sorting things out, your emotions are all over the place. 2 years from now, if you were sober that whole times, this wouldnt be such a big deal and things wouldnt appear so dark and hopeless. Alcohol changes your brain chemistry and it takes months to start feeling better. Im not saying it doesnt suck what you are dealing with now, but it will be more manageable down the road, if you stick with this. I think you can do this, but lets not dwell on the negative and the past tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, and you want to be sober, alert, and proud of beating another day of temptations.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
This is exactly what you need to do Legend. Use the energy you have to make the right decisions for you and your sobriety. You will go far if you keep at it...and you can do this!
i have no doubt in my mind that i can do this, its all about one persons mind set and not what others say to them or about them.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I hate this for you Legend. Nothing more to add than what others have wirtten. Stay strong and determined. Sobriety is worth it.