Notices

Almost 3 weeks

Old 06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 3 weeks

I am almost 3 weeks in and having a rough day today. Ever since I woke up this morning I have been craving, it's like my mind is forgetting the horrible detox process that I went thru. I am also on Wellbutrin, which can cause seizures if taken with alcohol, and that doesn't seem to change my mind. It is taking everything in my power to not head to the liquor store for some beer. Half my brain is saying you can drink just this one time and the other is saying ummm no you can't. I will just fight it out.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you distract yourself with a vitally important task til the stores close? Don't throw away those three weeks! You may have these moments from time to time but they pass. What would happen if you actually drank again? Keep posting here to distract you if it helps x
Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would most likely get drunk tonight and wake up in the morning full of anxiety. I just spoke to my brother-in-law, who is drunk, about taking my nephew for the weekend. My mind is thinking get to the happy place and it will be alright, but the rest of me is thinking what are you going to do in the morning when your body is going to want more and more.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did this the last time when I was at 3 weeks. I thought I could drink moderately. I know I can't, but it is just getting over this hump.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I think urge surfing may help you. An urge will arise remain and dissolve into nothingness.. Urge surfing can help reduce an urge, help in your in your soberity
Old 06-07-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your three weeks! Please don't throw it all away.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am fighting it. Only 2 hours to go before the liquor store closes. I will get through this! Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're fighting it
what do you think it is about 3 weeks that spooks you bdnb?

D
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have no idea what it is with 3 weeks, but i'm having the same thoughts as before, that I can drink moderately. I have almost gone to the liquor store a dozens times so far today and it is really taking everything not to. I only have 50 mins to go. I just want that "happy" buzzed feeling, forget everthing and worry about it tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

All it takes for you to win this battle is to do nothing. Don't let yourself go to the store
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about wanting that "checked out feeling". For me I have to think about WHY I want to check out. The craving will go away much more quickly then the anxiety and bs you will deal with tomorrow if you choose to drink tonight. I am planning on staying in tonight....it is safer!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just got back from the store, sat in the parking lot for 5 mins and thought what the heck are you doing and drove home. I am happy I was able to talk myself out of it. I had the mindset that I am just going to have a few and put the rest away. we all know that wouldn't have happened. Again, thanks for the support.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have no idea what it is with 3 weeks, but i'm having the same thoughts as before, that I can drink moderately.
maybe that's the problem right there?

If you're like me, you can't drink moderately - you can fight it for 20 years, or see sense now....but there's nothing for it but to accept that bdnb.

D
Old 06-07-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdnb74 View Post
I just got back from the store, sat in the parking lot for 5 mins and thought what the heck are you doing and drove home. I am happy I was able to talk myself out of it. I had the mindset that I am just going to have a few and put the rest away. we all know that wouldn't have happened. Again, thanks for the support.
Congrats man. The idea that all I'm really craving is the first drink really helps me a lot. Is it worth it over one drink? No way
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so glad I didn't cave yesterday and waking up this morning with a clear head and feeling great. Have a full day ahead of me so should keep myself busy.

Thanks again or talking me through it yesterday.