Notices

Day 9 check in

Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I went running and walking again tonight. I started thinking about things that make me want to drink, but I just put on my sneakers and walked for hours. Sprinted every once in a while. Thank you guys for the support. Tomorrow I enter the double digits. I have a lot of growing up to do and I appreciate the people on this site who work every day to stay sober. Running and walking might be my new drug, these endorphins feel pretty good.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

WTG, Acheleus! I too turned to running my 2nd sober attempt... it really did help! Helps so much with anxiety and getting your sleep normalized. I'm still running just not so much. And it's a good thing about the endorphins and the hormones released... it's going to train your brain to function normally again.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks SJ. I just read an article about running and brain growth. Mice that had a running wheel in their cages had thicker brain tissue and performed better on cognitive tasks than mice that just sat around. Its not too late to improve the brain. I am going to run everyday and I hope I can learn to really understand why I drank so much.