Notices

Its Friday afternoon

Old 06-08-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I did not sleep as well as I hoped or wanted, but enough to survive, even if I don't get a nap today. 4.5 hours. My guts are gurgling, and I blame the banana split my wife handed me last night as we settled in to watch a movie. It was way too extreme for a movie snack, but it was tasty and I didn't seem to have any trouble shoveling it into my gaping maw.

My daughter watched with us, which means the movie selection committee was 2-1 females, and we ended up with SAFEHAVEN; a chick flick based on a Nicholas Sparks novel. I couldn't really protest o'er much, though, since I was a degenerate jackass last weekend. Had to go along for the ride. I didn't care for the story, but there are worse things in life than watching Julianna Hough run around the screen for 2 hours.

Weather radar indicates another shower coming through in about 2 hours and then I should have clear skies for a while. That will help my productivity this weekend.

How about those Mariners?
Old 06-08-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pedro1234 View Post
Sounds like you all have you weekends planned. Have a great weekend 9.30am Sunday morning. I had a little sleep in after late night movies last night Nonsensical its bacon time now!
Hey Pedro, a fellow Aussie here, you mixed up your days so you get another Sunday morning tomorrow morning. Since it's a long weekend you can have another Sunday morning on Monday morning too if you like.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

OK, so my weekend plans are changed. My wife fell up some steps at a local store and broke her right foot in multiple places. The weather is wonderful, but I am not doing any work on the deck because I am assisting the love of my life.

Movies and popcorn tonight, I think!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Bummer about the broken foot.....yey for you being able to take care of her! My son is sick today and it's nice I'm of right attitude to take care of him
Old 06-08-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Omg nonscene I just left the ER too my daughter broke her wrist. Hope wifey is ok. Enjoy wearing your nurses uniform
Old 06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
How about those Mariners?

Alas, went the Mariners game this afternoon......and they lost.
Was a lot of fun nonetheless!
Old 06-09-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

good sunday morning all!

Had a great family day yesterday. Best in 25 years I bet. I might blog or post later of my learning.

Anyway. Its a sunny day here.

Ken
Old 06-09-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

We are still on the steep part of the learning curve as we figure out how to care for a non-ambulatory wife. While she only broke her right foot, she banged up the left and it hurts her to put weight on it, so since coming home she has only moved from recliner to bathroom and back. She slept in the recliner last night.

It's been interesting to me so far. I have lived with her for 23 years, but I never knew which of her dresser drawers held which garments or exactly how she likes her coffee or what it's like to undress her for something other than recreation. I never had to do these things before.

She's having to learn how to think ahead a little bit. If she will eventually want 3 things from the kitchen, she is realizing it's better to ask all at once, so she isn't running me ragged.

When it rains, it pours. The A/C went out yesterday. Having a guy come check it today. That's sure to be at a special weekend rate.

Time for some bacon!
Old 06-09-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ugh, no AC and a foot in a cast...and a little girl with a broken wrist?
Whatta weekend!
Sun is out here too...ground is still soggy from all rain friday...my brother told me his backyard is like a small lake.
I have tomatoes growing like crazy...maybe they will ripen by 4th of July.
My daughter says the beach traffic has been very heavy by her house.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Make that bacon a double straight up
Old 06-09-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Oak smoked dry cure bacon on multi seed brown bread this morning , real butter .. yummy !
Computer games and washing today .

Unfortunately didn't win the euro millions lottery on friday like i was planning so have to go back to work tomorow .

good sunday , M
Old 06-09-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I agree with the muiltiseed, but smoked over unsmoked? Sacrilige.

I've been listening to music all morning and have been buzzing. I'm finding my way back to the things I used to love. Had a bit of Megadeth on earlier on, new album is shocking Mecanix, isn't it?

Slightly worried about seeing Sabbath with my old man in December, thats gonna take a whole lotta will power.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey Barry ,
Not heard the Megadeath one . Been playing and singing a lot myself recently trying to get my mind around composition ..

I went to priest in hammersmith last year and in a way it kinda helped to know Halford was up there and had lit a path through recovery and beyond . i'm sure some of the guys in sabbath are similar , you wont be the only sober / in recovery one there . You get to remember the whole concert and feel safe going home when you're clean and sober

Bestwishes, M
Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Wow... Got to bed last night at almost 2 am... And was sober. Long drive home from the jersey shore. 4 hours. Got up early anyway cuz the sun was peaking in my window.

Been to 4 different food stores gathering just the right stuff. Could not pass my cured meats... Eating prosciutto and sipping selzter water. Mmmmm.

Now that I have my groove back from the recent few weeks I feel really satisfied with a nice day like this. No nervousness I cannot handle.

Good to see all my friends around today!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I braised 6 pounds of beef short ribs (in bacon fat) and have them in the slow cooker for dinner.

The A/C guy was here. He said he could charge me $3K for the repairs, but my system is very old and low efficiency (which I knew to be true) and could break again shortly after being repaired. For a few $K more the entire system could be replaced with a more efficient unit. He doesn't do installs, and he doesn't recommend anyone- "just call around and get estimates". He did mention one company to avoid. Then he charged me $50 for 90 minutes on a Sunday morning. He didn't fix my A/C, but he just became my go-to-A/C guy.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Well.... yesterday I went for a 5 mile run (on the treadmill so easier, but what the heck), went grocery shopping, prepped for dinner, mowed both front and back yards, applied for a couple of positions, studied a little (only 10 minutes but it still counts, right?) wrote a blog entry and made dinner, barbecue chicken with papaya bbq sauce on coconut rice with spicy, butter roasted cashew nuts. All this after 11 in the morning.

If I'm honest, it was a little much and I need to slow down a little. Being that busy isn't fun, it's just the thought of "this is what NORMAL people do" pushing me on.

So the plan is to slow down a little today. Go for another run, then weather permitting a hike, make dinner and a little more studying. We'll see how it goes.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Stuffed shells on my list today. Craving it.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lamb Chops on the grill rubbed with Pesto/EVOO....scalloped potatoes and asparagus.

Yes Weasey! great minds think alike...I also have bought good Proscuitto! There is an Italian Pork Store around the corner...have not started on it yet...i have to be careful with sodium.

i had 2 small strips of defatted pre-cooked bacon on a slice of whole grain toast with lite cream cheese.

also did 1.25 miles on my treadmill and my AC is running. Nons, I replaced both the furnace and AC 3 years ago...my gas/electric bill actually dropped almost $50.00 a month and my house is much less dusty with the HEPA filter unit.

hope you all have a peaceful enjoyable Sunday. (or Monday)
Old 06-09-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
studied a little (only 10 minutes but it still counts, right?)
Hellzyess, it counts!

Originally Posted by Fandy
i had 2 small strips of defatted pre-cooked bacon on a slice of whole grain toast with lite cream cheese.
You'll be sorry when you're old and you can't die.

I think I will go with the HEPA filter. There does seem to be a lot of dust in this house.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

sammy.jpgthe Hepa filter makes a great difference for the dust and helps my allergies...and I have long haired cats and a Pomeranian...(the Samster).

Weasel, the beach is still littered with so much debris that washes up after every big storm...surfing is not advised.