Notices

Hello group thanks for having me

Old 06-05-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Elle70

Exclamation Hello group thanks for having me

Hello Group,
Glad I found you guys via something I googled, I don't even remember the keywords I used, ha, probably "Im a frickin mess" or " Ala-non chat room" etc!

Well, Im 42, female, and have come from a family of alcoholics and addicts, although many are either in AA or still using and pretty distant from my life at this point... I was involved in Ala-Teen many moons ago and also Coda, but more recently have come back after years of being away, and I wish I hadn't left b/c my lie became a wreck from an alcoholic relationship I was in, off and on ,for years, when it would have been best to leave and get out before the worst of it broke my heart... never got married to him, so I guess I was spared in some way, but still heartbroken for many things, and I dont want bitterness and resentment to show it's ugly head so I am asking God to show me how to let it go and get over it, and I need help doing that still, pathetically ...I dont want to whine, so that is the short version )

Nice to be here and I will log in more when I can
Elle
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Elle

D
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Elle70

ps- I m not posting my location, I just editted the TITLE< It's too long to explain involving a restraining order, so anyway, Ive listed myself at my hometown area in CA, but Im near Canada, lets say, down the street from a space needle
Old 06-05-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome! I found this board last year the same way you did - it's been instrumental in my recovery. I know you'll find some great resources, stories, and like-minded folks here. We're all trying to get well together. Take a look around the board and make yourself at home!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Where you are is your business Elle
We don't need to know any more than you're comfortable revealing.

D
Old 06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by Elle70 View Post
Hello Group,
Glad I found you guys via something I googled, I don't even remember the keywords I used, ha, probably "Im a frickin mess" or " Ala-non chat room" etc!

Well, Im 42, female, and have come from a family of alcoholics and addicts, although many are either in AA or still using and pretty distant from my life at this point... I was involved in Ala-Teen many moons ago and also Coda, but more recently have come back after years of being away, and I wish I hadn't left b/c my lie became a wreck from an alcoholic relationship I was in, off and on ,for years, when it would have been best to leave and get out before the worst of it broke my heart... never got married to him, so I guess I was spared in some way, but still heartbroken for many things, and I dont want bitterness and resentment to show it's ugly head so I am asking God to show me how to let it go and get over it, and I need help doing that still, pathetically ...I dont want to whine, so that is the short version )

Nice to be here and I will log in more when I can
Elle
People forget there are MANY forms of addiction besides just using chemicals. Having many addicts in your family, you are already prone to it so its no surprise you would seek out a mate who has familiar traits. May people get addicted to the idea of helping or saving people and end up in situations like your own. I hope you can learn from this somehow and see you deserve the best in life, even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone when it comes to dating. Does that make sense? Oh and feel free to whine, its good for the soul sometimes.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Elle to SR.

SR is a big site that has lots of members, information, many forums, games and blogging.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful

Found this place on google. SR does a very good job at getting high ranked hits on google.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Elle,

Congrats for getting out of your bad relationship however that happened. I just did too. Alcohol prolongs things greatly....