Notices

Day 3 and feeling down :(

Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and feeling down :(

im on day 3 of my course now and becoming really anxious as to what my life will be like when i am completely sober, im so worried about losing my social life and my friends not inviting me out any more. Has this happened to anyone else or am i worrying for nothing
Old 06-05-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR. The feelings you are going through now are going to pass. If you were drinking enough to prompt you to join an online recovery forum, your life will do nothing but get better if you seek sobriety.

However, you may have to find new friends and new sober activities, especially if drinking is part of your social circle.

Don't worry about a sober life...worry about a sober day. Today!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is normal to wonder what life will be like sober! Believe me - it will be worth it! It can be hard at first but give it a few days and keep posting.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you

im just so worried about what life is going to be like afterwards. i joined as i dont know anybody who has been through this before, reading some of the posts its nice to see thats its not just me that feel like this
Old 06-05-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there - I can relate to your fears about your friends accepting you now that you are sober. Remember "one day at a time" - it won't happen overnight, but you will see some interesting things happening with your social circle the longer you stay sober. For me it was watching old friends drift away (at least the ones that were not really good friends but more 'party' buddies only) and new friends come into your life. The people around me today are my TRUE BLUE pals who loved me no matter what. Some of them are sober and they are a great help with my own recovery. Others are older friends who wanted what was best for me and so, when they saw what my addiction was doing to me, they wanted me to get better and they were glad when I did. Anyone who stops hanging out with you or calling is not worth your time. Don't stress. You will have more friends than you know what to do with! People like me much better now that I can BE a better friend than before; I'm more honest, open, dependable and caring than I was before, therefore I attact the same kind if people these days. I'm so glad that some of my old buddies kind of went the other way. I don't miss the ones that bailed on me; they are still out there wrecking lives and creating chaos. You can rebuild from here. Hugs