Notices

Brief Intro from New Chick

Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brief Intro from New Chick

Hello my name is Monica, screen name "slycat65". As stated in my profile, I have struggled with heroin addiction for 25 of my 47 years and am still struggling. Have done Methadone, Suboxone, sober living houses, geographical cures, all types of stuff but yet I am still relapsing. Am considering going on low dose Sub maintenance again?? I am also considering the possibility that I am an untreated "dual diagnosis"?? I have always avoided that label and adamantly refused to discuss the fact that I could have some mental health issues cuz I don't want to be called "crazy" (the "c" word). At this late stage in my addiction I will acknowledge that I definitley have depression and anxiety issues that have affected my continued sobriety. The common, traditional, universal "recovery program" has never felt quite right to me, although I have a long history of attempts. I never bash it, it is just a little "off" for me. I hope I have not violated any rules with this post. Please inform me if I did. Looking forward to reading and posting more. Thanks!!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Monica - I know you'll find support and understanding here

D
Old 06-04-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This site has been really helpful in my recovery! Lots of support whenever you need it
Old 06-04-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello Monica! You are no longer alone - we're so glad you've joined us. This is a great place for support, understanding, and encouragement.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have no experience with drugs but our substance abuse forum does. Take a look at it.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 06-04-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Why must mental health issues correlate into crazy? Is anxiety and depression not an issue of mental health. Seems to me everyone is a wee bit "crazy" now and again. That kind of crazy is everywhere I think. I would be hard pressed to come up with an absolute model of sound mental health in my world. I think a lot of my problem is trying to live up to some impossible standard of soundness. I have a problem finding "peace of mind" for any great length of time..so I suppose I'm crazy. I'm an addict in so many, many ways... I don't want to drink anymore so I'm here and I'm quite worried bout the road ahead as it's only Day 2.

I am glad you're here.