Notices

first time here

Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy first time here

Well im not sure what i should say in this post lol. Im on here needing help i just stopped taking hydrocodone yesterday after a couple months of taking it. I cant sleep my anxiety is threw the roof feel like im going crazy. Is this normal for hydrocodone? I was addicted to pills before but didnt take pain killers to much. So im not really sure if this is normal. Last time i quit getting high i was on all kinds of drugs an had a mental phycotic breakdown thinkin people were tryin to kill me an after me an just constant panic. Lasted a long time. That was when i was like 17 im 20 years old now. Please help. I really want to know if this is normal or if im going crazy
Old 06-04-2013, 01:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Frankie, I don't have any wisdom for you - not my poison- but welcome to SR. It sounds like you need medical attention. Is there anyone who can take you to ER? Or a clinic?
Please don't muck around with your health.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i cant go to the ER or doctor. im not paranoid or going into phycotic episode this time. after i stopped taking this hydrocodone my anxiety is threw the roof an i can barely sleep at all its 5 am right now. i didnt know hydrocodone could do this to me. it completely goes away when i take more hydrocodone an i feel so much better no anxiety or any problems so im guessing its just some type of withdrawal. but i wont let myself take anymore. i took xanax an im starting to calm down. xanax is prescribed for my anxiety i do not abuse it anymore. only taken when i have bad panic attacks. i feel a fool now the xanax has calmed my anxiety down for now. sorry. stupid addiction an mental disorders make a horrible mix.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have no experience with hydrocodone, but know a few who do. I do not think you are supposed to go cold turkey on this medication. Slow taper supervised by a doctor is what is needed.

Go to a doctor and best wishes for a sober life!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do hope you will talk to your dr, and I hope that you get through this withdrawal soon.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Happiness & Gratefullness NOW

Hello, I'm glad your doing better. Anxiety can be a symptom of any kind of withdrawal, but with opoids there are also usually flu like symptoms, including nausea and vomitting.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by frankie22693 View Post
Well im not sure what i should say in this post lol. Im on here needing help i just stopped taking hydrocodone yesterday after a couple months of taking it. I cant sleep my anxiety is threw the roof feel like im going crazy. Is this normal for hydrocodone? I was addicted to pills before but didnt take pain killers to much. So im not really sure if this is normal. Last time i quit getting high i was on all kinds of drugs an had a mental phycotic breakdown thinkin people were tryin to kill me an after me an just constant panic. Lasted a long time. That was when i was like 17 im 20 years old now. Please help. I really want to know if this is normal or if im going crazy

Remember this always, if you are asking yourself "Am I going crazy", then you arent. Crazy people dont know they are crazy, lol. Its true, I learned it in college and I majored in psych.

You are experiencing withdrawal. You can get withdrawal from anything that alters the chemicals in your brain, even caffeine. The severity depends on the sensitivity of your nervous system. I have a super sensitive system, so I can get withdrawals from allergy meds if I am not careful. Relax, try and not let it consume you, and it will pass in time. Do you work out? If not, you may want to consider hitting up the gym or working up your endorphin's somehow.