Notices

My Introduction

Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Introduction

Hi, I'm a friend of an addict and I have just joined the site.. I am not a "new person" to the life of addiction but I have never been on this side of it as far as knowing an addict that actually went into treatment.. My friend just went in a little over a week ago. I am a nurse and I do have a Masters Degree in Nursing Leadership. I want to go back and get a Masters in Psychology and specialize in addiction but currently where I teach has just implemented a Doctorate program so I have to enroll, which has now put my Master's in Psychology off for awhile.... Although I am experienced with Alcoholism and drug addiction I have come to this site with other questions that relate to relationship issues as well as other questions regarding what to expect when my friend comes out. I also need to take a step back and try to look at going to AL ANON meetings, something I should have done 10 or even 20 years ago.... Anyway, glad to be here
Old 06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Norma45 View Post
I also need to take a step back and try to look at going to AL ANON meetings, something I should have done 10 or even 20 years ago.... Anyway, glad to be here
Welcome Norma, check out the friends and family forum. I am sure there r some folks in there familiar with al anon and will give you some ideas on what to expect.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Norma

D
Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you