Notices

Thank you

Old 06-03-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all your support.

I have been sober for two weeks now and I feel like a new person.
I know the fight isn't over but first time in my life I have the guns and wisdom to win this battle. All thanks to this site.
I have learned so much from all of you and I finally accept that I really am an alcoholic and it's ok. I can live a happy, amazing life without booze and do a spring cleaning with my current relationships/friendships. Lots of people are gone already and I'm very happy to have realized that they never cared about the real me.

I'm finally crying Yes, that's a smiley face For 20 years my way of dealing with emotions was to get wasted and forget. Now I feel the pain, cry, and move on with no package.
It's so different. First time in my life I'm honest with ME.

Sorry..didn't want to start babbling..

Just wanted to tell you that you are my superheroes and I appreciate you.

To all the new kids: Please concentrate on taking care of yourself. Take small steps, an hour at a time if necessary. If you think about never drinking again or how will the Thanksgiving turkey taste without that red wine, you'll mess up your head. You can do this. Baby steps. The first week is from hell but after that it gets better and it gets better fast. Stick with it, keep reading the forums and don't be shy to post. Nobody here will judge you.

Keep it going!! You're stronger than you think! Love you all
Old 06-03-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on the 2 weeks Sassu! Feel proud...you are taking all the right steps.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by sassu78 View Post
First time in my life I'm honest with ME.
Yes, that is so important, isn't it! Good for you!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Originally Posted by sassu78 View Post
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all your support.

I have been sober for two weeks now and I feel like a new person.
I know the fight isn't over but first time in my life I have the guns and wisdom to win this battle. All thanks to this site.
I have learned so much from all of you and I finally accept that I really am an alcoholic and it's ok. I can live a happy, amazing life without booze and do a spring cleaning with my current relationships/friendships. Lots of people are gone already and I'm very happy to have realized that they never cared about the real me.

I'm finally crying Yes, that's a smiley face For 20 years my way of dealing with emotions was to get wasted and forget. Now I feel the pain, cry, and move on with no package.
It's so different. First time in my life I'm honest with ME.

Sorry..didn't want to start babbling..

Just wanted to tell you that you are my superheroes and I appreciate you.

To all the new kids: Please concentrate on taking care of yourself. Take small steps, an hour at a time if necessary. If you think about never drinking again or how will the Thanksgiving turkey taste without that red wine, you'll mess up your head. You can do this. Baby steps. The first week is from hell but after that it gets better and it gets better fast. Stick with it, keep reading the forums and don't be shy to post. Nobody here will judge you.

Keep it going!! You're stronger than you think! Love you all

Isnt it amazing? We think these emotions of ours will crush us, but when we finally give in and let go, they arent that scary. It feels good to feel and to process, without being numb. Congrats on the 2 weeks. You think you feel good now? Wait, it gets even better.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

That is awesome Sassu! So happy for you!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's awesome. Well done!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go, Sassu!

I agree with you about this incredible site. I feel stronger every time I log in. SR has saved a LOT of lives....
Old 06-03-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well said Sassu! You are so right!
This place is amazing. I honestly think I would have slipped up by now if I didn't go here daily and remind myself why I can't drink again. Seeing the positive emotions here and how good life can be without alcohol...it keeps me going.
Thank you!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all