Notices

damn

Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

damn

damn I tried to quit drinking that lasted literally 3 days then i had to go to a friends party got drunk had a good time then decided to try and moderate and not drink so much but i've been getting ********* more then i would normally. sitting here with a hangover I don't think i can quit drinking i just can't picture a life without the at least occasional drink, it caused me a lot of problems but I can't control my drinking and I can't stop for a decent amount of time what should i do? has someong got a technique or something to make myself stay sober
Old 06-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My technique was what CarolD used to say here: you have to want to be sober more than you want to drink. When you get to that point you'll be able to stay sober. And living without drinking is not the boring life you think. It's great to deal with the world with a clear head and a good night's sleep.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

i just can't picture a life without the at least occasional drink
Of course you can't - you haven't really tried yet Renn.
you need to give it more of a go than 3 days.

I found it really hard - impossible in fact - to keep living my old life without any changes either.

My old life was geared to drinking - make no changes there and you'll find yourself back in the same old same old again and again.

It comes down to how much do you want to change - then how much are you prepared to do to make those changes happen?

I kept putting it off...and things got worse and worse and worse...don't put it off Renn.

D
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome rennn .... I can't add much but wanted to say hello. Glad you found us.